My first Update

The Deacon

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello,
Cannot install update 'Acer Chryistal Web Cam' after downloading I must Delete the currant version but that version will not Delete.
Could it be about 'Windows Installer???

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
You need to say more. To remove your current version, you need to go into Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Then from the list that appears, choose Acer Crystal Eye webcam drivers and click Uninstall. Then run the installation of the new version.

The Deacon

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

That is what I did. I will explain: I Recieved notification of updates. I chose one of three for the Acer Chrystal Web Cam. I have the download now in Downloads Folder. It will not Install because I have to delete the Old Version. I did open 'Programs and Features' found the file and Tried to delete it but it doesn't complete...Tells me that "Acer Chrystal Eye Webcam' has been detected in your system" "please uninstall first". but it will not delete, everytime I try to delete I get the same message.

Weired Eh!?

I have the same message you receive when you open the program. I did two updates already and the last update I receive is this file ACER.1.5.3018.20118_AVC120827-01.exe. I follow the instructions and everything is fine. The program will delete the old version by itself, you just follow the instructions and let it do the update.

The Deacon

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Thank you.
Well I did download and it went thru' normal procedure, then asked if I want to Install. I click OK and it starts but then stops and I get that message, I must 'delete the Proggy'. It will not delete automatically, And I just can't delete it (what do I have to do to delete the software) I do know how to do that normally thru the Control Panel.

If you go into the control panel and after programs and features you will see hopefully near the first programs Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. If you click on it, just above it you will see Uninstall, click on it and the program will be deleted. And after run the update program for the webcam, if you need more assistance just ask. I will try to answer your question.

The Deacon

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Yes, I know. I have been doing that for many Years with other software. but it just doesn't work with this one, there must be another way.

The Deacon

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

That's what they usually do, but not this one, and I can't even do it manually. I wonder if I should use the 'Device Manager' but would the 'Update still work?