Sign in with
Your question

My first Update

Last response: in Windows 7
November 27, 2012 5:31:06 PM

Hello,
Cannot install update 'Acer Chryistal Web Cam' after downloading I must Delete the currant version but that version will not Delete.
Could it be about 'Windows Installer???

More about : update

November 27, 2012 9:33:33 PM

You need to say more. To remove your current version, you need to go into Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Then from the list that appears, choose Acer Crystal Eye webcam drivers and click Uninstall. Then run the installation of the new version.
m
l
November 27, 2012 9:34:28 PM

You can't go into Program Files and delete the Program Files because that won't remove it from the registry.
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 10:12:36 PM

The Stealthinator said:
You need to say more. To remove your current version, you need to go into Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Then from the list that appears, choose Acer Crystal Eye webcam drivers and click Uninstall. Then run the installation of the new version.

That is what I did. I will explain: I Recieved notification of updates. I chose one of three for the Acer Chrystal Web Cam. I have the download now in Downloads Folder. It will not Install because I have to delete the Old Version. I did open 'Programs and Features' found the file and Tried to delete it but it doesn't complete...Tells me that "Acer Chrystal Eye Webcam' has been detected in your system" "please uninstall first". but it will not delete, everytime I try to delete I get the same message.

Weired Eh!?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 11:18:25 PM

I have the same message you receive when you open the program. I did two updates already and the last update I receive is this file ACER.1.5.3018.20118_AVC120827-01.exe. I follow the instructions and everything is fine. The program will delete the old version by itself, you just follow the instructions and let it do the update.
m
l
November 28, 2012 12:25:36 AM

jarotech said:
I have the same message you receive when you open the program. I did two updates already and the last update I receive is this file ACER.1.5.3018.20118_AVC120827-01.exe. I follow the instructions and everything is fine. The program will delete the old version by itself, you just follow the instructions and let it do the update.

Thank you.
Well I did download and it went thru' normal procedure, then asked if I want to Install. I click OK and it starts but then stops and I get that message, I must 'delete the Proggy'. It will not delete automatically, And I just can't delete it (what do I have to do to delete the software) I do know how to do that normally thru the Control Panel.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 1:15:23 AM

If you go into the control panel and after programs and features you will see hopefully near the first programs Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. If you click on it, just above it you will see Uninstall, click on it and the program will be deleted. And after run the update program for the webcam, if you need more assistance just ask. I will try to answer your question.

m
l
November 28, 2012 5:57:10 AM

When you run the update for the current driver version, shouldn't it automatically uninstall the older version before installing the newer one? Isn't that what drivers usually do?
m
l
November 28, 2012 11:24:56 AM

jarotech said:
If you go into the control panel and after programs and features you will see hopefully near the first programs Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. If you click on it, just above it you will see Uninstall, click on it and the program will be deleted. And after run the update program for the webcam, if you need more assistance just ask. I will try to answer your question.

Yes, I know. I have been doing that for many Years with other software. but it just doesn't work with this one, there must be another way.
m
l
November 28, 2012 11:41:58 AM

The Stealthinator said:
When you run the update for the current driver version, shouldn't it automatically uninstall the older version before installing the newer one? Isn't that what drivers usually do?

That's what they usually do, but not this one, and I can't even do it manually. I wonder if I should use the 'Device Manager' but would the 'Update still work?
m
l
November 28, 2012 11:56:10 AM

I guess you don't have much of an option besides trying it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 12:08:49 PM

Did you try to run the program as administrator ?
m
l
November 28, 2012 12:12:50 PM

I never thought of that. Perhaps that may be the issue. Try it.
m
l
November 28, 2012 12:13:50 PM

Or maybe not, because according to your error messages, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with admin. What OS are you running?
m
l
November 28, 2012 12:58:28 PM

The Stealthinator said:
Or maybe not, because according to your error messages, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with admin. What OS are you running?

Windows Home Premium
m
l
November 28, 2012 10:02:52 PM

The Stealthinator said:
Vista or 7?

Windows 7 Ultimate
m
l
November 29, 2012 9:15:20 AM

I'm not sure. Maybe run a program like CCleaner and see if that can get rid of it.
m
l
!