Thinkpad with XPPro taking forever to resume from standby?

Has anyone had a problem with their ThinkPad (or maybe any computer)
taking forever to resume from standby? Every now and then my machine
will resume immediately, but most of the time it takes 2-5 minutes
to resume :(. And sometimes after it resumes, it's still incredibly
slow for another couple of minutes (as if something was finishing up).
I've regularly run virus scans and spyware scans on it ever since I've
owned it and nothing's ever come up. So I think it's either an OS
weirdness or bad interaction between the laptop hardware and the OS.
I have a desktop with XPPro and it always resumes fine from standby.

== Rich

Update all the drivers from IBM site and retry.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP