Tapwave Zodiac 2 leather case

December 5, 2004 9:42:50 AM

I have looked around for a soft leather case for my Zodiac 2
but have not been able to find one in the local and online shops.

The deluxe grey leather case displayed at the Tapwave site
is not in stock for many months.

Appreciate if other Zodiac 2 owners could recommend where
I can get a similar leather case.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

James Seah
December 5, 2004 9:51:13 AM

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:42:50 +0800, James Seah wrote:

> I have looked around for a soft leather case for my Zodiac 2
> but have not been able to find one in the local and online shops.
>
> The deluxe grey leather case displayed at the Tapwave site
> is not in stock for many months.

I've never seen a Zodiac, just pictures, so I don't know the
actual size. But its shape resembles the GameBoy Advance, so it
*might* fit a GBA case. If it does fit, then you'd have two
remaining problems. Finding a leather case, and finding one without
a GBA logo. But then, isn't the Zodiac supposed to be the ideal
PDA game machine? So rather than hide it, you could flaunt it. :)
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 4:23:12 AM

You can buy the leather Tapwave case at CompUSA (it's black with white
stitching, but maybe you were looking at a photo that made it look
gray). It is identical to the Brando Zodiac case (which can be
ordered online from Brando). The same case with black stitching can
be obtained online from GlobalSource. They also have one with a
nonremovable belt clip.

wayrad

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:42:50 +0800, "James Seah" <thim@starhub.net.sg>
wrote:

>I have looked around for a soft leather case for my Zodiac 2
>but have not been able to find one in the local and online shops.
>
>The deluxe grey leather case displayed at the Tapwave site
>is not in stock for many months.
>
>Appreciate if other Zodiac 2 owners could recommend where
>I can get a similar leather case.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Regards,
>
>James Seah

December 7, 2004 12:17:06 AM

Thank you very much, Wayrad.

Yes, I thought they have one in grey because that's the color that
shows up in the picture at the Tapwave website.

I'll wait until Brando has a lighter color soft leather case then.

I appreciate your info.

Regards,

James Seah

"wayrad" <jcradway@nospamlink.net> wrote in message
> You can buy the leather Tapwave case at CompUSA (it's black with white
> stitching, but maybe you were looking at a photo that made it look
> gray). It is identical to the Brando Zodiac case (which can be
> ordered online from Brando). The same case with black stitching can
> be obtained online from GlobalSource. They also have one with a
> nonremovable belt clip.
>
> wayrad
>
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:42:50 +0800, "James Seah" <thim@starhub.net.sg>
> wrote:
>
> >I have looked around for a soft leather case for my Zodiac 2
> >but have not been able to find one in the local and online shops.
> >
> >The deluxe grey leather case displayed at the Tapwave site
> >is not in stock for many months.
> >
> >Appreciate if other Zodiac 2 owners could recommend where
> >I can get a similar leather case.
> >
> >Thanks for your help.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >James Seah

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 12:20:11 AM

"BillB" <rainbose@earthlink.newt> wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:42:50 +0800, James Seah wrote:
>
> > I have looked around for a soft leather case for my Zodiac 2
> > but have not been able to find one in the local and online shops.
> >
> > The deluxe grey leather case displayed at the Tapwave site
> > is not in stock for many months.
>
> I've never seen a Zodiac, just pictures, so I don't know the
> actual size. But its shape resembles the GameBoy Advance, so it
> *might* fit a GBA case. If it does fit, then you'd have two
> remaining problems. Finding a leather case, and finding one without
> a GBA logo. But then, isn't the Zodiac supposed to be the ideal
> PDA game machine? So rather than hide it, you could flaunt it. :)

Thanks Bill. I certainly like to show off my Zodiac, but without a leather
casing, it will be unprotected against scratches and gather dust.

A GBA casing for the Zodiac will do injustice to Tapwave ; )
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:28:24 PM

James Seah wrote:

> I certainly like to show off my Zodiac, but without a
> leather casing, it will be unprotected against scratches
> and gather dust.

I carried a T2 for a year, and a T3 for a year after that, neither with
a case. Both held up just fine and were near-mint when I sold them. I
don't see any reason to expect the Tapwave to fare any worse. Besides,
the thing is already the biggest PDA I have ever owned (if not, it
certainly feels as big or bigger than my Palm III and Handspring PDAs
from years ago). If it had a case on it, I may as well get a strap and
carry it like a purse.

bblackmoor
2004-12-08
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 4:24:30 AM

In article <31pkh8F3fn8qdU1@individual.net>, Brandon Blackmoor
<bblackmoor@spamcop.net> wrote:

> James Seah wrote:
> >
> > I certainly like to show off my Zodiac, but without a
> > leather casing, it will be unprotected against scratches
> > and gather dust.
>
> I carried a T2 for a year, and a T3 for a year after that, neither with
> a case. Both held up just fine and were near-mint when I sold them. I
> don't see any reason to expect the Tapwave to fare any worse. Besides,
> the thing is already the biggest PDA I have ever owned (if not, it
> certainly feels as big or bigger than my Palm III and Handspring PDAs
> from years ago). If it had a case on it, I may as well get a strap and
> carry it like a purse.

The Zodiac comes with a flip cover ...
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 5:10:34 AM

Hello, Guy Bannis!
You wrote:

> The Zodiac comes with a flip cover ...

It does, but the Zodiac Deluxe Leather Cover is quite nice as
well!

--
Piloteers do it on the road

http://www.usenet.com