Event ID: 10006
Date: 9/14/2005
Time: 3:18:53 PM
User: S-1-5-21-1784756609-1720794660-1446904402-1085
Computer: MGT-LOANER17-N1
DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer magilla when
attempting to activate the server:
{5A5AA0AA-1DEB-4683-96B0-B43301E83971}

More about dcom error class registered this

    1. Open registry using REGEDIT
    2. Open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT branch
    3. Search for the hex number {5A5AA0AA-1DEB-4683-96B0-B43301E83971}
    4. When you get a match the folder name will give you a clue as to what
    program is causing this errror.
    5. Go onto the vendor webiste and look for fixes

    Good luck !

    Tim

    "BookerW" wrote:

    > A lot of my computers on my network have been seeing this message in their
    > system log repeatedly. A cursory look on the internet only provides
    > descriptions of the event, but not solutions.
    >
    > FYI: magilla is a windows 2000 server that I have setup as a print server.
    > I have all of my buildings printers connected via tcp/ip to that
    > computer(magilla). And then my users will add a printer by using the add
    > printer wizard and connecting to \\magilla\(name of printer)
    >
    > Help
    >

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: DCOM
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 10006
    > Date: 9/14/2005
    > Time: 3:18:53 PM
    > User: S-1-5-21-1784756609-1720794660-1446904402-1085
    > Computer: MGT-LOANER17-N1
    > DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer magilla when
    > attempting to activate the server:
    > {5A5AA0AA-1DEB-4683-96B0-B43301E83971}

Computers Printers Servers Windows XP