PINBALL SUMMER is over. FINAL POLL is in....!!!

Well this summer we hosted kids over at are house and I promised after
a summer of pinball; I would take a poll. I would ask the kids their
top 5 games and the best of the best this summer.

The list of games they played from Mid May to Mid August were.

Quicksilver, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic, Twilight Zone, Scared Stiff,
EV and the Party Monsters, Centaur, Wizard, Skateball, Nineball,
Paragon, F14, BK2K, Big Game, Xenon, Gamatron, Breakshot, DE Playboy
35th, Rocky and Bullwinkle.

19 game in total. The age range for the kids were 7 years old to 14
years old. Here is the tally.

I asked the simple question.

"For the last 3 months, what is your top 5 pinball machines here at the
house".

Kid#1 top 5 (Youngest)
------------
Bk2K
Wizard
Gamatron
Scared Stiff
All the rest

Kid #2 top 5
-------------
bk2k
Theatre
Wizard
Gamatron
All the rest

Kid #3 top 5
-------------
Playboy 35th
Wizard
Seawitch
Rocky and Bull

Kid #4 top 5
-------------
Twilight Zone
Scared Stiff
EATPM
Playboy 35th
F14

Kid #5 top 5 (Oldest)
------------
Wizard
Paragon
All the rest

Kid #6 top 5
-------------
Seawitch
Bk2K
Playboy35th
Wizard

Total votes in all for each game
5 - Wizard; 3- Bk2k; 3 - Playboy 35th; 2- Scared Stiff; 2 - Seawitch; 2
- Gamatron; Games of 1 vote are; EATPM, Paragon; F14, TZ, R&B; TOM.

Very interesting. I had a unique situation to see how kids react with
games from 1975 to 1997. Wizard at the end of the summer is still by
far the funnest game for all of them. TOM has been voted off the
island and when sold they were all happy except one. Playboy was just
plain fun when asked. Bk2k was the competition and they all discussed
Ransom. Surprisingly TZ did not get the attention I would of expected.
Most of them would play something else over this game when avaliable.

It would be interesting to collect more data on this subject. I
definitely understand the stuggle today in pinball. I think the
complexity of games today need more understanding and its relationship
to sales / dollars earned. I think there is a major disconnect.

Anyway I thought maybe you guys would find this interesting. I sure
did.

Bill
6 answers Last reply
More about pinball summer over final poll

    How old was kid #3 who liked the Playboy machine? Thanks for sharing

    At 17, I might be a bit older than those kids ( oh wait, I didn't read it
    all, okay) but this is what I would vote.

    TZ ( hard to like unless you know what to do)
    BK2K
    ToM
    X-non
    BS

    As of a week ago I now own a Wizard but its not on its legs so I cant say
    that I've played it, only fair to not count it.

    Pinball for the next generation will not die as long as I'm around. There
    are about 3 weeks left of summer, FYI, the way most people are, you could
    buy and sell a few games in that time period :)

    --Eric

    > Well this summer we hosted kids over at are house and I promised after
    > a summer of pinball; I would take a poll. I would ask the kids their
    > -op 5 games and the best of the best this summer.

    Kid #3 is 12 or 13. These guys had alot of time on the games and
    really got to know all of them. One of the kids ( #4) also helped
    with with shop outs and cleaning. I am going to provide a W2 at the
    end of the year and he will be able to say his first job was working on
    Pinball machines.

    Not only does a summer like this help keep the kids around here it also
    helps keep this tradition alive. I am pretty sure next summer will be
    the same thing. Lots of silverball. The great news is pinball playing
    picked up as time went on and attention continued each day.

    I was wondering others thoughts on this subject because understanding
    the new player is critical. Bill

    It's pretty sick that you let those kids play your Playboy! You should
    sell that right away before your gameroom turns into a porn nest. I'll
    be over right away to pick it up.

    Rich Wiski

    What kid is *not* interested in Playboy ;)

    Brian

    <w-morrison3@ti.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >
    > Very interesting. I had a unique situation to see how kids react with
    > games from 1975 to 1997. Wizard at the end of the summer is still by
    > far the funnest game for all of them. TOM has been voted off the
    > island and when sold they were all happy except one. Playboy was just
    > plain fun when asked. Bk2k was the competition and they all discussed
    > Ransom. Surprisingly TZ did not get the attention I would of expected.
    > Most of them would play something else over this game when avaliable.
    >
    > It would be interesting to collect more data on this subject. I
    > definitely understand the stuggle today in pinball. I think the
    > complexity of games today need more understanding and its relationship
    > to sales / dollars earned. I think there is a major disconnect.
    >
    > Anyway I thought maybe you guys would find this interesting. I sure

    ROFLMAO!!!

    Brian

    <rwiski@advantexmail.net> wrote in message
    > It's pretty sick that you let those kids play your Playboy! You should
    > sell that right away before your gameroom turns into a porn nest. I'll
    > be over right away to pick it up.
    >
    > Rich Wiski

Games Video Games