Vintage Keeny pinball and Bally Shuffle-Bowler alley help

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2005 2:28:58 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup but it was the only one which
appears to deal with current as well as vintage mechanical games such as
pinball and the bar room bowling alleys. I have recently come to own, via my
wife's grandfather, a vintage Keeney Cover Girl pinball game and a vintage
Bally Shuffle-Bowler puck bowling game (both are from the 1940's-50's era).
The pinball game needs all new rubber and I'm wondering if anyone knows the
various sizes which are needed (the old rubber has completely
disintegrated)? The shuffle bowler did not come with pucks, does anyone know
the proper size (diameter and thickness). Also I am in need of any
manuals/schematics etc for both machines. If anyone has info or can point me
in the right direction I'd surely apreciate it.

Greg L
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:06:37 AM

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:28:58 -0400, G Lentz <gregl32@aol.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup but it was the only one which
> appears to deal with current as well as vintage mechanical games such as
> pinball and the bar room bowling alleys. I have recently come to own, via my
> wife's grandfather, a vintage Keeney Cover Girl pinball game and a vintage
> Bally Shuffle-Bowler puck bowling game (both are from the 1940's-50's era).

Interesting. The IPDB (www.ipdb.org) doesn't even mention a pinball from
Keeney by that name. If you can, please send pictures of it and any other
information you have on it to the site for future reference.

> The pinball game needs all new rubber and I'm wondering if anyone knows the
> various sizes which are needed (the old rubber has completely

If anybody does, it'll be Steve Young at the Pinball Resource. He's also
likely to have pucks, and if schematics exhist for these, there's a good
chance that Steve will have them.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| The 4 food groups: Fast, frozen, instant and microwaved. |

David,

Thanks for your reply. I have already been working with Steve and a couple
other places. They have been very responsive but as to be expected with
games like this there is not much info out there. I've also been trying to
contact people who at one time appear to have owned these games. Someone
suggested this newsgroup (which I wasn't aware of) so here I am.

Greg Lentz

"David Gersic" <usenet_spam_trap@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote in message
news:D duk5d$h44$2@usenet.cso.niu.edu...
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:28:58 -0400, G Lentz <gregl32@aol.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup but it was the only one which
>> appears to deal with current as well as vintage mechanical games such as
>> pinball and the bar room bowling alleys. I have recently come to own, via
>> my
>> wife's grandfather, a vintage Keeney Cover Girl pinball game and a
>> vintage
>> Bally Shuffle-Bowler puck bowling game (both are from the 1940's-50's
>> era).
>
> Interesting. The IPDB (www.ipdb.org) doesn't even mention a pinball from
> Keeney by that name. If you can, please send pictures of it and any other
> information you have on it to the site for future reference.
>
>> The pinball game needs all new rubber and I'm wondering if anyone knows
>> the
>> various sizes which are needed (the old rubber has completely
>
> If anybody does, it'll be Steve Young at the Pinball Resource. He's also
> likely to have pucks, and if schematics exhist for these, there's a good
> chance that Steve will have them.
>

> --
> | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com
> |
> | The 4 food groups: Fast, frozen, instant and microwaved.
> |
> | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info.

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:05:40 AM

Forgot to provide info I have found.

It is on the IPDB site: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=579.
I don't have any of my own pics at this time but here's other sites I've
found with pics or some kind of description descriptions.
Someone's auction:
http://www.emulextreme.com/Keeney-s-Cover-Girl-Woodrail...
Same auction?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6166...
Appears to be the same set of pics as IPDB has:
http://www.vecchiflipper.it/db/CGI/dbq.cgi?579+2
History http://members.aol.com/rusjensen/flipper.htm but says only four
flippers instead of 6 + 1 low center teeter totter flipper.
More accurate history: http://www.gameroommagazine.com/gottlieb0298_1.htm
More history: http://1930s.com/pinball/feature5.html

Greg Lentz

"Greg L" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> David,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have already been working with Steve and a couple
> other places. They have been very responsive but as to be expected with
> games like this there is not much info out there. I've also been trying to
> contact people who at one time appear to have owned these games. Someone
> suggested this newsgroup (which I wasn't aware of) so here I am.
>
> Greg Lentz
>

> "David Gersic" <usenet_spam_trap@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote in message
> news:D duk5d$h44$2@usenet.cso.niu.edu...
>> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:28:58 -0400, G Lentz <gregl32@aol.com> wrote:
>>> I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup but it was the only one
>>> which
>>> appears to deal with current as well as vintage mechanical games such as
>>> pinball and the bar room bowling alleys. I have recently come to own,
>>> via my
>>> wife's grandfather, a vintage Keeney Cover Girl pinball game and a
>>> vintage
>>> Bally Shuffle-Bowler puck bowling game (both are from the 1940's-50's
>>> era).
>>
>> Interesting. The IPDB (www.ipdb.org) doesn't even mention a pinball from
>> Keeney by that name. If you can, please send pictures of it and any other
>> information you have on it to the site for future reference.
>>
>>> The pinball game needs all new rubber and I'm wondering if anyone knows
>>> the
>>> various sizes which are needed (the old rubber has completely
>>
>> If anybody does, it'll be Steve Young at the Pinball Resource. He's also
>> likely to have pucks, and if schematics exhist for these, there's a good
>> chance that Steve will have them.
>>

>> --
>> | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com
>> |
>> | The 4 food groups: Fast, frozen, instant and microwaved. |
>> | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:34:01 PM

In article <dduk5d$h44$2@usenet.cso.niu.edu>,
David Gersic <usenet_spam_trap@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:28:58 -0400, G Lentz <gregl32@aol.com> wrote:
>> ...I have recently come to own, via my
>> wife's grandfather, a vintage Keeney Cover Girl pinball game...
>
>Interesting. The IPDB (www.ipdb.org) doesn't even mention a pinball from
>Keeney by that name. If you can, please send pictures of it and any other
>information you have on it to the site for future reference.

Also interesting: Cover Girl by Keeney *is* listed in the Mueting & Hawkins
and Mr. Pinball lists. I guess that shows the "no one of us is as smart as
all of us collectively" principle.
--
.................David Marston at MV
Anonymous

oops, sorry folks. It should be Keeney not Keeny. I always keep leaving out
that extra "e".

Greg L

!