My documents folder missing from User Accounts

Mike

Splendid

Well, not actually missing because you can find them if drill down
enough: but in some user accounts the my documents folder ('User's
Documents') is not immediately visible under 'my computer' whereas in some it
is.

Also, the administrator can see these folders, but sometimes they are called
'User's Documents' and sometimes, just 'User'! Hmmm.

Mike wrote:
> Well, not actually missing because you can find them if drill down
> enough: but in some user accounts the my documents folder ('User's
> Documents') is not immediately visible under 'my computer' whereas in some it
> is.
>
> Also, the administrator can see these folders, but sometimes they are called
> 'User's Documents' and sometimes, just 'User'! Hmmm.

That's just Windows Explorer helping you differentiate between _your_
"My Documents" folder and those of other users.

If you're logged in as JohnDoe, then the My Documents folder in
\Administrator\ (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents )
is displayed as "Administrator's Documents."

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:27:04 -0700, "Mike"
<Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well, not actually missing because you can find them if drill down
>enough: but in some user accounts the my documents folder ('User's
>Documents') is not immediately visible under 'my computer' whereas in some it
>is.
>
>Also, the administrator can see these folders, but sometimes they are called
>'User's Documents' and sometimes, just 'User'! Hmmm.

Use TweakIU to assign it to any folder u want.

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)