microsoft word

does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this system?
judi
8 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word

    You need to purchase and install Microsoft Office

    In news:1350AF4F-5D43-470D-9BE6-C37D2204BC9F@microsoft.com,
    judi <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

    No.
    Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever
    included Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or any other
    significant application software. Such programs have to be
    bought, either by themselves or as part of Microsoft Office. Word
    is also available most inmexpensively as part of Microsoft Works
    *Suite* (not the regular Works).

    If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows,
    came with Word, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it
    as part of the package he sold you, not because that version of
    Windows came with it. Some, but not all, vendors do the same with
    Windows XP.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Windows XP does not include Microsoft Word.

    Microsoft Works Suite 2005
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001

    (includes Microsoft Word... the same premier word processor featured in Microsoft Office XP)

    ($99.95 - 20.00 rebate = $79.95 = Great Deal!)

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "judi" <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1350AF4F-5D43-470D-9BE6-C37D2204BC9F@microsoft.com...
    | does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
    | have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
    | change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this system?
    | judi

    Windows XP comes with Notepad and WordPad, but none of the
    Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Access).
    The quickest way to tell if you have Office or Works installed is look
    through the listing in the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel. If any
    Office products are present, they'll appear in the Microsoft..... section.

    "judi" <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
    > have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
    > change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this
    > system?
    > judi

    > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

    No.

    MS Word is part of MS Office. A stripped-down version of Word is included
    in MS Works.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    judi wrote:
    > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If so where is it I
    > have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant read file need to
    > change something I know how to use word just have never seen on this
    > system? judi

    I think it is the full version of WORD, just the
    license/upgrade path differs.

    some support

    |> does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?
    |
    | No.
    |
    | MS Word is part of MS Office. A stripped-down version of
    Word is included
    | in MS Works.
    | --
    | ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    | MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    |

    | judi wrote:
    | > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word? If
    so where is it I
    | > have to type things in note pad now my comp says cant
    read file need to
    | > change something I know how to use word just have never
    seen on this
    | > system? judi

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:52:01 -0700 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, judi favored us with...

    > does the xp home ed 2002 serv pax 2, have micro word?

    No Windows version comes with MS Word. Word Pad ships with all recent
    ones, and you can also download a Word file viewer (not Word) from
    Microsoft's site.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
    "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
    "I was misinformed."

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote:

    >I think it is the full version of WORD, just the
    >license/upgrade path differs.

    There are two different products - Microsoft Works and Microsoft Works
    Suite.

    Micrsoft Works includes the Microsoft Works word processory, which is
    a very much stripped down product that bears little if any resemblance
    to Microsoft Word.

    Microsoft Works Suite includes a full version Microsoft Word as the
    word processor. The most recent version (Works Suite 2005) includes
    Microsoft Word 2002 (as in Office XP). Earlier versions of Microsoft
    Works Suite used Microsoft Word 2000.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP