Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather than by
date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find the previous
post dated probably in July. The reply fixed my problem and I also gave a
positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have the same
problem and need the answer given previously. I should have printed it out
and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!

Malke

Jessie wrote:

> Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather
> than by date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find
> the previous post dated probably in July. The reply fixed my problem
> and I also gave a
> positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have the same
> problem and need the answer given previously. I should have printed
> it out
> and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!

Go to Google Groups Advanced Search. You'll be able to look for your
name and a timeframe.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In news:F04A6FDB-D68D-4C28-A49D-AAB5B32B3C2B@microsoft.com,
Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather than
> by date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find the
> also gave a positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have
> the same problem and need the answer given previously. I should have
> printed it out and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!

Search Google Groups for the name you posted under and the reply should be
just below. I had the same prob a while back and this worked for me.

Eddie in Colorado Springs

"What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered
plant?"

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"F. Edwin Felty" <efelty0000...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In news:F04A6FDB-D68D-4C28-A49D-AAB5B32B3C2B@microsoft.com,
> Jessie <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather than
>> by date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find the
>> also gave a positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have
>> the same problem and need the answer given previously. I should have
>> printed it out and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!
>

> Search Google Groups for the name you posted under and the reply should be
> just below. I had the same prob a while back and this worked for me.
>
> Eddie in Colorado Springs
>
> "What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered
> plant?"

Try setting up your OE newsreader. You will not have this problem

Peter

"Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F04A6FDB-D68D-4C28-A49D-AAB5B32B3C2B@microsoft.com...
> Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather than by
> date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find the previous
> post dated probably in July. The reply fixed my problem and I also gave a
> positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have the same
> problem and need the answer given previously. I should have printed it out
> and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!

30 Jun-05: Removing desktop background pictures
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/c550264225dcc26a/5299c56776c2b929?q=author:Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com&rnum=2&hl=en#5299c56776c2b929
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

"Jessie" wrote:

> Hi...is there any way to search for a previous post by "name" rather than by
> date. I had a legitimate answer to a problem and cannot find the previous
> post dated probably in July. The reply fixed my problem and I also gave a
> positive answer to this post, but cannot find it. I now have the same
> problem and need the answer given previously. I should have printed it out
> and saved it, but...thought I was home free. Thanks!!
Hello, You can use Google Groups or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx
Find the group and type the name used for the post in the "search for" box ,
all your post should be available.
take care
beamish

TRENDING THREADS