Solo 2550 running at 550, should be 700....

frans

Hi all!

I have a Gateway solo 2550 notebook with a Pentium III 700MHz in it.
But it runs only at 550 Mhz (547?)
XP tells me this, AIDA32 tells me this but also Knoppix (Linux) tells me
this.
5.5 x 100 makes 550....
Anyone an idea what's causing this?
I checked the CPU, and it really seems to be a 700MHz.

any help welcome!

frans

"frans" <nee@nomaillll.ca> schreef in bericht
> Hi all!
>
> I have a Gateway solo 2550 notebook with a Pentium III 700MHz in it.
> But it runs only at 550 Mhz (547?)
> XP tells me this, AIDA32 tells me this but also Knoppix (Linux) tells me
> this.
> 5.5 x 100 makes 550....
> Anyone an idea what's causing this?
> I checked the CPU, and it really seems to be a 700MHz.
>
> any help welcome!

Wow
sometimes all you need to do is to ask the question.
A few minutes later I discovered that this PIII uses Intel Speedstep, and
that explains everything. Well almost. I needed a fresh BIOS-flash to get it
working. Now my 2550 runs @700 when plugged in and at 550 on battery.
thnx guys!