System has started rebooting in the middle of everything

Ed

My system just started doing reboots right in the middle of running
programs. It is random as to when and as to which applications are
running at the time so there have been no "indicators" leading me to
what is causing this.

The XP error generated is:

Error Signature:
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : B95E221C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 :
00000000
BCP4 : F7B313B8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

The following Files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\Mini091305-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\sysdata.xml

This machine is running XP Home SP2 with all MS Updates current.
AdAware and SpyBot S&D and NAV2005 are all up to date and show no
boogers in the system. No new applications/programs have been
installed since this started. The one bit of damage that takes place
when this happens is that my ZoneAlarm Pro looses every bit of its
configuration and has to be totally reconfigured as if it was a new
install each time this happens and no, I am only running one firewall
at a time (XP's firewall is disabled).

Any ideas would be appreciated......

Regards,
Ed

Check all your system fans:

PSU
Video
CPU
Case

"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> My system just started doing reboots right in the middle of running
> programs. It is random as to when and as to which applications are
> running at the time so there have been no "indicators" leading me to
> what is causing this.
>
> The XP error generated is:
>
> Error Signature:
> BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : B95E221C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 :
> 00000000
> BCP4 : F7B313B8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
>
> The following Files will be included in this error report:
> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\Mini091305-01.dmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\sysdata.xml
>
> This machine is running XP Home SP2 with all MS Updates current.
> AdAware and SpyBot S&D and NAV2005 are all up to date and show no
> boogers in the system. No new applications/programs have been
> installed since this started. The one bit of damage that takes place
> when this happens is that my ZoneAlarm Pro looses every bit of its
> configuration and has to be totally reconfigured as if it was a new
> install each time this happens and no, I am only running one firewall
> at a time (XP's firewall is disabled).
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated......
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Ed

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:38:14 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Check all your system fans:
>
>PSU
Both working

>Video
working

>CPU
working

>Case
All 4 working

One note that I forgot to mention.... It doesn't do this reboot thing
unless I click on something to do such as open folder, open a program,
click on a link while in IE, click to download a file.... click on
anything but never the same thing every time it does this reboot
thing. If I don't do anything, it will sit there and run all day long
without rebooting.

Thanks for the feedback though........

Regards,
Ed

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:38:14 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Check all your system fans:
> >
> >PSU
> Both working
>
> >Video
> working
>
> >CPU
> working
>
> >Case
> All 4 working
>
> One note that I forgot to mention.... It doesn't do this reboot thing
> unless I click on something to do such as open folder, open a program,
> click on a link while in IE, click to download a file.... click on
> anything but never the same thing every time it does this reboot
> thing. If I don't do anything, it will sit there and run all day long
> without rebooting.

Oh, OK. That would make a difference in
my suggestion...

Do you let Windows Update have its way
with your computer? Uninstall any recent
updates one at a time and check at each step.

> Thanks for the feedback though........
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Hi Ed,

0x100000d1 is usually a device driver problem. Is a file name mentioned? If
not, send the most recent minidump file to me at rick@mvps.org and I'll take
a look at it to see if I can identify the problem. Use the subject line 'per
req' to get past the filters.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> My system just started doing reboots right in the middle of running
> programs. It is random as to when and as to which applications are
> running at the time so there have been no "indicators" leading me to
> what is causing this.
>
> The XP error generated is:
>
> Error Signature:
> BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : B95E221C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 :
> 00000000
> BCP4 : F7B313B8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
>
> The following Files will be included in this error report:
> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\Mini091305-01.dmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfa3.dir00\sysdata.xml
>
> This machine is running XP Home SP2 with all MS Updates current.
> AdAware and SpyBot S&D and NAV2005 are all up to date and show no
> boogers in the system. No new applications/programs have been
> installed since this started. The one bit of damage that takes place
> when this happens is that my ZoneAlarm Pro looses every bit of its
> configuration and has to be totally reconfigured as if it was a new
> install each time this happens and no, I am only running one firewall
> at a time (XP's firewall is disabled).
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated......
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Ed

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:30:12 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Do you let Windows Update have its way
>with your computer?

I'm set to automatically notify but not to download and install. I
usually check them out and wait a few days for problem topics to show
up on the forums before installing.

> Uninstall any recent
>updates one at a time and check at each step.

The last set of updates I installed were the collection that came out
on 08-09-2005 which was way before this problem I am now having
started so I don't "think" they have anything to do with it.....

Thanks for the suggestion though........

Best Regards,
Ed

Ed

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 06:31:14 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>send the most recent minidump file to me

You Got Mail!

<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>send the most recent minidump file to me at rick@mvps.org

Just wondering if you got the email and attachment?

Best Regards,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes, I have received it. I have been away on family matters and will look at
it today.