Laptop hard disk question

Hello,

I have an old Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. The hard disk is dying. I'm not too
familiar with laptops' hard disk. Can I buy any laptop hard disk to put in
my Inspiron 7000? Can I buy one from Dell, assuming that I need a hard disk
specially built for the Inspiron 7000, would Dell still have those?

On the other hand, maybe the cost of a new hard disk will not be worthwhile.
It is a very old laptop running Win98 after all.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop hard disk question

    Any current 2.5" drive will work. You need not buy from Dell.

    A 20G drive these days runs under $100; a 40, about $110.

    "someone" <someone@someone.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an old Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. The hard disk is dying. I'm not
    too
    > familiar with laptops' hard disk. Can I buy any laptop hard disk to put in
    > my Inspiron 7000? Can I buy one from Dell, assuming that I need a hard
    disk
    > specially built for the Inspiron 7000, would Dell still have those?
    >
    > On the other hand, maybe the cost of a new hard disk will not be
    worthwhile.
    > It is a very old laptop running Win98 after all.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Dell Laptops Dell Inspiron Hard Drives Inspiron Computers