Laptop hard disk question

Someone

Hello,

I have an old Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. The hard disk is dying. I'm not too
familiar with laptops' hard disk. Can I buy any laptop hard disk to put in
my Inspiron 7000? Can I buy one from Dell, assuming that I need a hard disk
specially built for the Inspiron 7000, would Dell still have those?

On the other hand, maybe the cost of a new hard disk will not be worthwhile.
It is a very old laptop running Win98 after all.

Thanks in advance.

Any current 2.5" drive will work. You need not buy from Dell.

A 20G drive these days runs under $100; a 40, about $110.