So it looks like I can't burn a straight data DVD with IMAPI (windows xp
sp2). Any extensions to allow me to do it, or do I have to go third party?

Jordan

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Jordan Mills wrote:
> So it looks like I can't burn a straight data DVD with IMAPI (windows xp
> sp2). Any extensions to allow me to do it, or do I have to go third party?
>
> Jordan

3rd party. XP does not burn DVDs natively.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Third party is required. There are some excellent freeware apps. This one is
good http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Jordan Mills" <usenet at jordan mills dot net> wrote in message
> So it looks like I can't burn a straight data DVD with IMAPI (windows xp
> sp2). Any extensions to allow me to do it, or do I have to go third
> party?
>
> Jordan

So what's the deal here?
Am seeing some people indicate XP SP2 can burn DVDs. Some say not.
Can it or not?

Am aware that 3rd party software can do it.

Guess the only way I'm going to find out is to try it myself. Newsgroup is
a bit distended on this subject.

"Jordan Mills" <usenet at jordan mills dot net> wrote in message
> So it looks like I can't burn a straight data DVD with IMAPI (windows xp
> sp2). Any extensions to allow me to do it, or do I have to go third
party?

> Jordan

You can burn ISO images to DVD.

DVDBurn (and there is a CDBurn too) from the Resource Kit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en
This is because if you download, say XP, from MS it comes as an ISO file.

IMAPI does Audio CDs (the user interface is in Media Player) and Data CDs only.
"Jordan Mills" <usenet at jordan mills dot net> wrote in message news:%23Fxe6hauFHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> So it looks like I can't burn a straight data DVD with IMAPI (windows xp
> sp2). Any extensions to allow me to do it, or do I have to go third party?
>
> Jordan

Cool link, and handy tools. Doesn't sound native to XP or SP2 though. Am I
missing something here?