Can't get to a command prompt on restart..

ynot

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

Sorry didn't get subject in.
"Ynot" <a_ursoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
>I can't get a system to restart at a command prompt. I tried using
>MSconfig and
> setting "nogui" I tried interrupting a restart with F8 and going to
> safe/command prompt, even if I do a CHKDSK /F when the system restarts it
> will
> not do the command level chkdsk function. Rather than going to a command
> prompt it does another
> restart during boot and goes to GUI mode.
>
> I am trying this again since I didn't phase the question correctly the
> first time....
>
> Any ideas or help is appreciated!
>

> This is windows XP pro build 2006 - SP1

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Try here

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_9_90_11100.html

Jon

> Sorry didn't get subject in.
> "Ynot" <a_ursoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
>>I can't get a system to restart at a command prompt. I tried using
>>MSconfig and
>> setting "nogui" I tried interrupting a restart with F8 and going to
>> safe/command prompt, even if I do a CHKDSK /F when the system restarts it
>> will
>> not do the command level chkdsk function. Rather than going to a command
>> prompt it does another
>> restart during boot and goes to GUI mode.
>>
>> I am trying this again since I didn't phase the question correctly the
>> first time....
>>
>> Any ideas or help is appreciated!
>>

>> This is windows XP pro build 2006 - SP1

ynot

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

Jon,

Thanx. That will solve the chkdsk problem. Anyone with Ideas why the
command prompt stopped working in the first place??

Tony