Sign in with
Your question

HDMI from Laptop to TV not working

Last response: in Windows 7
November 28, 2012 12:22:59 AM

Hello,
My HDMI connection from my old laptops works but my new x64 does not want to work. I do see the chanel open on the tv when I plug in but dont see video or hear sound. Just a blank screen. Under sound setting, the HDMI option is there but It wont allow me to set it as the default

More about : hdmi laptop working

a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 1:29:44 AM

What exactly is the "new x64" (what make and model)? Have you tried setting up multiple displays through your gpu options?
m
l
December 11, 2012 4:35:06 PM

Hi
Thanks for the response. x64 is a 64 bit processor vs my previous laptop with a 32 bit processor. I am assuming that the TV's HDMI driver is not compatable with the 64 bit processor. Where can I download a driver that will solve the problem.
I have tried to set up windows multible displays with no positive results.
m
l
Related resources
December 11, 2012 4:41:40 PM

Most of the time there is a set of buttons you need to press to have the displays switch. Try connecting to your TV and switching to the laptop screen. From there you may be able to set up multiple monitors and figure out what settings you may need to have it work. You shouldn't need a driver for your tv to make it work. If you tell me your laptop brand i might be able to help further.
m
l
December 11, 2012 8:13:14 PM

yette-man said:
Most of the time there is a set of buttons you need to press to have the displays switch. Try connecting to your TV and switching to the laptop screen. From there you may be able to set up multiple monitors and figure out what settings you may need to have it work. You shouldn't need a driver for your tv to make it work. If you tell me your laptop brand i might be able to help further.

Assuming it's Win7, try pressing 'Win+p'; a small menu should appear. Select Duplicate or Extend.

m
l
!