Intel's Itanium rockets to 64-bit shipment lead

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Sounds like a bunch of Intel pr to me.

<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/36733.html" target="_new"> Clicky for all those to lazy to cut and paste </A>

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Sounds like another April 1st joke to me.
Hook Line and sinker.. AGAIN. This time, i would be embarresed :)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
I don't follow Itanium to close but I did read it as pure pr. april fools again huh guess there is a sucker born every minute. You gotta admitt it was funny.

That's it no more news post from me for the rest of the day.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
After cutting a celebratory ribbon, Intel's Barrett declared this "the century of Itanium."

Everyone present clapped politely.

"Microsoft sucks," McNealy said, as he left the event.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
I wonder if Intel could sue theregister over that, They do take the Itanium very serious.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I really doubt it as satire is a from free speech and to be libel you must show intention of being serious which this obviously isn’t.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

Carnecerro

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
That's kind of interesting. Last time I looked Amd was selling 11 Opterons to 1 Itanium. (Linux Format-UK). This was based on the last two quarters of 2k3.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Not really interesting but it is funny, which is just what it was ment to be. I hope you did not get sucked in like I did. seems like I'm 2 for 2 and that just might be a record.