Free XP themes?

September 15, 2005 12:37:55 PM

Hi all,
Where can I find some free xp themes?
(Not win98 themes that support win xp...)
TIA
Guy

More about : free themes

September 15, 2005 12:37:56 PM

In news:%23QWmAebuFHA.2504@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Guy Cohen <control@mediatek.co.il> had this to say:

> Hi all,
> Where can I find some free xp themes?
> (Not win98 themes that support win xp...)
> TIA
> Guy

All over the place actually?

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=free+xp+themes&FOR...

Beware of spyware embedded in some;

Malware Cleaning :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

This site looks interesting but I haven't tried any:

http://www.appleblossomart.net/xpstyles.php

Not free but I use Stardock's WindowBlinds. That's always been my favorite.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous

Guy Cohen <control@mediatek.co.il> replied with a ;-)
> Hi all,
> Where can I find some free xp themes?
> (Not win98 themes that support win xp...)
> TIA
> Guy

Google search for XP themes would be a good place to start, but be very
carefull about the links you choose. Many are portal site to porn links, and
unless you want porn sites to take over your computer, it is best not to
click any link on a porn site popup out of curiosity. LOL
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:23:54 -0400, Galen wrote:

> This site looks interesting but I haven't tried any:
>
> http://www.appleblossomart.net/xpstyles.php

All of the themes downloaded from that site install the Accoona Toolbar on
your machine, suspected to be spyware.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

In news:15635r4wp41zs$.dlg@tpportermvps.org,
Tom Porterfield <tpporter@mvps.org> had this to say:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:23:54 -0400, Galen wrote:
>
>> This site looks interesting but I haven't tried any:
>>
>> http://www.appleblossomart.net/xpstyles.php
>
> All of the themes downloaded from that site install the Accoona
> Toolbar on your machine, suspected to be spyware.

Well, thank you, <g> saves me the effort of having to try it out. I really
enjoy theming the PC a great deal so I've made it a point to just buy
WindowBlinds and update it often. I've bought a few of the skin packs but
they have a bunch you can download as well. Good stuff really.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!