Sign in with
Your question

Can print test page but nothing else

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 11, 2011 2:49:57 AM

I have a Dell 1534 Inspiron Laptop with a 968 AIO wireless printer. In late February I had some kind of virus,malware I am not sure but I couldn't get out of it . I found in my Dell help I could install the software over my current software and it would be just like new from the factory. I have Vista Home Premium. I did that and all is well except printing. I downloaded the driver " I Think ". I did not know I had to do this. I should disclose on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest my skill level is 1. Anyway, I can print a test page which informs that i have successfully installed my printer correctly, but I can't print anything off the internet or any mail attachments. I am assuming that since I can print test page the printer is installed ok? I have checked my Network through Mc Afee and as far as I can tell my firewall is not causing a problem. Any help anyone cann offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
Lima, Ohio

More about : print test page

April 12, 2011 5:44:36 PM

What happens when you try to print? Any messages? Have you checked your default printer to make sure it's set as such?
m
l
April 12, 2011 7:28:35 PM

Thanks for responding. It just dawned on me when I started to respond to you that I have been trying print email attachments in Windows Mail and I can't still. So I tried to print just a page off a internet site and it prints. I tried to print a email page that I receive through GMail and I can print that. I don't get any attachments through GMail. It seems like it has something to do with Windows mail. Also, I tried to print just a body of a email through Windows Live and it does not print. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
m
l
!