Inspiron 911 Dual Processor?

I have a new Dell 9100 Inspiron. When I look at the Device Manager
under "PROCESSORS", there are two Intel P4 2.8Ghz processors listed.

Why?

Bob

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

possibly because the P4 probably has hyper threading so will show up as 2
processors well it does under Linux so I would have thought this would have
been the same under Windoze
"Yahoo!" <wonderful@boston.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Dell 9100 Inspiron. When I look at the Device Manager
> under "PROCESSORS", there are two Intel P4 2.8Ghz processors listed.
>
> Why?
>
> Bob

Yes, that's why. Hyperthreading looks like two CPUs to the Operating
system.