Dell 2400 - Sonic Update Manager--ASAP

I keep getting the dialog box "sonic update manager" to install. I've
looked in the file manager for "sguard.MSI. What is this. Want me to
put in a disc - but none of my Dell discs specifically state Sonic Update
Manager. Can someone please tell me where to look for this disc and
file? I've looked under search,etc. and can't find it. This dialog
box pops up when I'm booting up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Palmira Vicks wrote:

> I keep getting the dialog box "sonic update manager" to install. I've
> looked in the file manager for "sguard.MSI. What is this. Want me to
> put in a disc - but none of my Dell discs specifically state Sonic Update
> Manager. Can someone please tell me where to look for this disc and
> file? I've looked under search,etc. and can't find it. This dialog
> box pops up when I'm booting up. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Sonic is the new & very aggressive vendor for Stomp's (previously
Veritas's) BackUpMyPC & RecordNowMAX (plus other products, e.g., DLA,
which I've never used). I've used both products for years, but I'm a
little leery of Sonic (which probably isn't going to make much of a
difference in the long run).