Problem with itunes

I posted in the music forum and got no response to my specific question so
I'm going to try this one. I installed itunes and I am not able to burn
CDs. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I tried and
repair on itunes and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. My PC
freezes when I hit burn. I've also tried running the CD diagnotics in itunes
and my PC freezes. I've given up on itunes however, I've been charged for a
downloaded album that I purchased as a gift for someone else.It doesn me no
good if I cannot burn the files to a Cd. The files are AAC and aren't
recognized by WMP. I found a converter called Blaze Media Pro which allows
for conversion. My question is what is the best format to convert to ( i.e.,
WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG) AND what frequency and bitrate should I choose? Thanks
so much to anyone who can provide some help. I have emailed itunes twice and
received no response. Thanks!

HP Home Edition, SP2
AMD Athlon + 1700, 223 MB Ram, S3 Graphics ProsavageDDR
5 answers Last reply
More about problem itunes

    Wav files are lossless format (Uncompressed), but very large. An average
    song (3:45) can be as large as 50-60 Megabytes. Personally, I use .Wma
    @ 128 KBit Sampling Rate/44 KHz Audio. However, I don't believe that
    iPods can play back Windows Media Format. I suppose the most common
    format is Mp3. There are lots of web sites that have details and information
    on Music Ripping and destination formats. You can use some of the higher
    sample rates, but again it raises the file size.

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:52:37 GMT, "Lisa" <NoOne@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I posted in the music forum and got no response to my specific question so
    >I'm going to try this one. I installed itunes and I am not able to burn
    >CDs. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I tried and
    >repair on itunes and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. My PC
    >freezes when I hit burn. I've also tried running the CD diagnotics in itunes
    >and my PC freezes. I've given up on itunes however, I've been charged for a
    >downloaded album that I purchased as a gift for someone else.It doesn me no
    >good if I cannot burn the files to a Cd. The files are AAC and aren't
    >recognized by WMP. I found a converter called Blaze Media Pro which allows
    >for conversion. My question is what is the best format to convert to ( i.e.,
    >WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG) AND what frequency and bitrate should I choose? Thanks
    >so much to anyone who can provide some help. I have emailed itunes twice and
    >received no response. Thanks!
    >
    >HP Home Edition, SP2
    >AMD Athlon + 1700, 223 MB Ram, S3 Graphics ProsavageDDR

    Ask elsewhere. Your problem has nothing to do with the XP OS.

    MP3 format is very popular. high quality for bitrate 192k, frequency
    44100

    you also convert audio with total video converter
    http://www.effectmatrix.com

    Thanks for the help. Really appreciate. I said I had posted elsewhere with
    no response. Sorry I woke you up.

    "NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:52:37 GMT, "Lisa" <NoOne@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I posted in the music forum and got no response to my specific question so
    >>I'm going to try this one. I installed itunes and I am not able to burn
    >>CDs. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I tried and
    >>repair on itunes and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. My PC
    >>freezes when I hit burn. I've also tried running the CD diagnotics in
    >>itunes
    >>and my PC freezes. I've given up on itunes however, I've been charged for
    >>downloaded album that I purchased as a gift for someone else.It doesn me
    >>no
    >>good if I cannot burn the files to a Cd. The files are AAC and aren't
    >>recognized by WMP. I found a converter called Blaze Media Pro which allows
    >>for conversion. My question is what is the best format to convert to (
    >>i.e.,
    >>WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG) AND what frequency and bitrate should I choose?
    >>Thanks
    >>so much to anyone who can provide some help. I have emailed itunes twice
    >>and
    >>received no response. Thanks!
    >>
    >>HP Home Edition, SP2
    >>AMD Athlon + 1700, 223 MB Ram, S3 Graphics ProsavageDDR
    >>

    > Ask elsewhere. Your problem has nothing to do with the XP OS.

    Thank you so much. I will check it out.

    <neseho@163.com> wrote in message
    > MP3 format is very popular. high quality for bitrate 192k, frequency
    > 44100
    >
    > you also convert audio with total video converter
    > http://www.effectmatrix.com

iTunes Windows XP