I am attempting to schedule a bat file to kick off at a specified time.
I have tested the bat file and I know it works correctly. I have also
tested the task with the "Run" command from the right click and it
executes successfully. I have set a userid and password for the task.
When I created the tasks, it inherited from the "parent the permission
entries that apply to child objects," which caused the task to GPF.
So, I unchecked that setting and copied the permissions so that only
Administrators and System had permissions on the tasks and deleted the
entry for my specific userid. The userid/password I set on the task
has administrator rights. Now, the tasks starts up and ends
immediately with exit code of (1) based on the log. There is no other
error information. Any ideas? Thanks!

An error code of (1) means "Incorrect function"
Try editing the batch file and for each command add the following at the end
of the line:

>> c:\temp\log.txt

This will append to a log file each time the bat file is run and may help
with troubleshooting.

Tim

"rratterree@scana.com" wrote:

> I am attempting to schedule a bat file to kick off at a specified time.
> I have tested the bat file and I know it works correctly. I have also
> tested the task with the "Run" command from the right click and it
> executes successfully. I have set a userid and password for the task.
> When I created the tasks, it inherited from the "parent the permission
> entries that apply to child objects," which caused the task to GPF.
> So, I unchecked that setting and copied the permissions so that only
> Administrators and System had permissions on the tasks and deleted the
> entry for my specific userid. The userid/password I set on the task
> has administrator rights. Now, the tasks starts up and ends
> immediately with exit code of (1) based on the log. There is no other
> error information. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Tim

Thanks for the reply - I hate to be simple (but I am) but when I added
the c:\temp\log.txt at the end of each command line, several things
didn't work correctly. Can you give me a more specific example?