Dell Image Expert on restore CDs?

Hi,

I've just clean reinstalled a Dell Dimension 4550 - Windows XP Home,
Microsoft Works etc. Everything went fine except that I cannot find
Dell Image Expert on any of the CDs.

Can anyone point me to where to find it please?

"Frank le Spikkin" <zaq@invalid.jp> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just clean reinstalled a Dell Dimension 4550 - Windows XP Home,
> Microsoft Works etc. Everything went fine except that I cannot find
> Dell Image Expert on any of the CDs.
>
> Can anyone point me to where to find it please?

Frank,

From what I've read, there should've been a CD included with your system for
it. Double check the "Dell backup programs" CD and browse it....

Stew

LpV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

"Frank le Spikkin" <zaq@invalid.jp> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just clean reinstalled a Dell Dimension 4550 - Windows XP Home,
> Microsoft Works etc. Everything went fine except that I cannot find
> Dell Image Expert on any of the CDs.
>
> Can anyone point me to where to find it please?

My 4600 came with Image Expert (and other Dell software) on a separate CD.

HTH.

Loren

"LPV" <lvetterREMOVETHIS@isd.net> wrote in

> "Frank le Spikkin" <zaq@invalid.jp> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just clean reinstalled a Dell Dimension 4550 - Windows XP
>> Home, Microsoft Works etc. Everything went fine except that I
>> cannot find Dell Image Expert on any of the CDs.
>>
>> Can anyone point me to where to find it please?
>
> My 4600 came with Image Expert (and other Dell software) on a
> separate CD.
>
> HTH.
>
> Loren

I went through the CDs again and found that what I'd thought to be
a redundant duplicate - CD label and start-up screen looked the
same as another - was in fact hiding the missing software. Doh!!!

Thanks for the responses, it helped encourage me to keep looking.

Note to Dell: suggest you avoid making CDs look too similar - the
only difference on the label was the part number in the small
print.

Case closed.