Need robust mouse

tomsresults

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I am a top StarCraft player. I am tired of replacing mice because one button deforms and renders the mouse worthless causing me to buy another one (which is what the scummy mouse manufacturers want). I need a mouse with buttons that do not deform and break over time. This means a mouse with buttons that are made with a material more sturdy than the cheap, unreliable plastic that all mice sold to us are made of. It is a disgrace how these companies bank on our regular replacement of our mice and on the environmental damage caused by this practice, an "externality" not taken into account whatsoever by the manufacturers. If you've ever opened up a mouse, you will see that most mice have a rod under each button that connects to a small white clicking mechanism. It is this rod that most often becomes deformed and crucially needs to be made out of some material more robust than plastic. There is a mouse that is made out of titanium and plastic out there, but it costs $1200. There is also a mouse called the MacAlly AccuGlide that purportedly has an aluminum finish, but is still made of plastic and is completely rectangular in shape. Does anyone know of an objectively robust mouse?

there is no need to have a mouse made out of aluminum or titanium. the plastic shell and reinforced plastic buttons found on most modern mice work just fine as they are. keep in mind that they are designed for a light application of force and not for excessive finger slamming. i've played starcraft, top gamer or not this is just mouse abuse.

i understand your want of a heartier mouse, however, perhaps you should also look at how you use them as well. this would be the cheaper solution as even mice i'd consider "resistant" are still built from plastic.