PAPA 8 Was a BLAST, and my nephew is a CHAMPION!

Just got back today from PAPA 8! What a great time and great people!
Hats off to Kevin Martin and everyone else involved that helped make
PAPA 8 possible. Got to play NASCAR for the first time also and loved
it!

And to top it all off my nephew -MATT HOGUE- won the Junior
Championship! Got an awesome trophy and $750 to boot!

For those of you who did not make it this year, hope you do next year!

Dave

So who is World Champ? Did Lyman repeat? Who has the crown this year?

-cody

Look at papa8.org :) The standing are there. I think Lyman got 2nd
place.

mike...@omuonline.net wrote:
> Look at papa8.org :) The standing are there. I think Lyman got 2nd
> place.

I read those, but they look like the qualifying numbers. In other
cases (Classics) , it shows the outcome of the finals separately. I
had the impression that there was a series of head to head contest
among the qualifiers. But, I could be reading it wrong. If anyone
knows for sure, it would be nice to know.

Ron

Are you talking about the Div A standings? That's just the qualifying
scores. Unless I am mistaken?

In article <1124070243.851800.93590@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<cchunn3@comcast.net> wrote:
>Are you talking about the Div A standings? That's just the qualifying
>scores. Unless I am mistaken?

The final results (at this moment preliminary) are here:

http://www.papa.org/papa8/results.html

Congrats to Bowen on another championship!

Orin

--
Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com
lobster @ |

Thanks, Orin.

Yes, congrats to Bowen. He's REALLY in the elite now :)

How did the "World Cup" turn out?

-cody

>The final results (at this moment preliminary) are here:

> http://www.papa.org/papa8/results.html

>Congrats to Bowen on another championship!

>Orin

Todd

I'm really surprised that nothing has surfaced about the World Cup of
pinball either. Maybe its due to the Swedes winning and they aren't
back home yet? Or perhaps they are still celebrating that its over :)

Todd "GravitaR"

On 15 Aug 2005 17:24:24 -0700, cchunn3@comcast.net wrote:

>Thanks, Orin.
>
>Yes, congrats to Bowen. He's REALLY in the elite now :)
>
>How did the "World Cup" turn out?
>
>-cody

its such a sight to see when kids (youth) are playing pins. great going
guys!!!!
see, there are more fun things than Xbox and PS2:)

Todd wrote:
> I'm really surprised that nothing has surfaced about the World Cup of
> pinball either. Maybe its due to the Swedes winning and they aren't
> back home yet? Or perhaps they are still celebrating that its over :)

Actually, the US won. Keith Elwin will surely resurface soon
and post the details. I know the Swedes had an early lead.

Kevin

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

>Actually, the US won. Keith Elwin will surely resurface soon
>and post the details. I know the Swedes had an early lead.

Yes the US won after falling pretty far behind in the 4th round. I will
post pix on pinballreviews once Kevin gets them to me including the
much hyped Shatz vs Euroshatz showdown :) Thanks again Kevin for your
support, hopefully we can fill a trophy case full of those cups!

Todd

Sorry about implying that the US team lost, my mistake.

Look toward seeing the details of the matches. Should make for good
reading.

Todd "GravitaR"

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:32:51 -0400, Kevin Martin <sigma@pair.com>
wrote:

>Todd wrote:
>> I'm really surprised that nothing has surfaced about the World Cup of
>> pinball either. Maybe its due to the Swedes winning and they aren't
>> back home yet? Or perhaps they are still celebrating that its over :)
>
>Actually, the US won. Keith Elwin will surely resurface soon
>and post the details. I know the Swedes had an early lead.
>
>Kevin

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

KME wrote:
> >Actually, the US won. Keith Elwin will surely resurface soon
> >and post the details. I know the Swedes had an early lead.
>
> Yes the US won after falling pretty far behind in the 4th round. I will
> post pix on pinballreviews once Kevin gets them to me including the
> much hyped Shatz vs Euroshatz showdown :) Thanks again Kevin for your
> support, hopefully we can fill a trophy case full of those cups!

The Double Shatz Showdown seriously failed to live up to the hype,
unfortunately. Neil Shatz won on Corvette with ~70M to EuroShatz's
~60M (and EuroShatz went last)

Chris Newsom got his revenge against EuroShatz on Congo, 700M to 100M.

A lot of good US players got EuroShatzed.

I played EuroShatz on Sunday on Nascar. I joined the "I got
EuroShatzed" club.

I may make some "I got EuroShatzed at PAPA 8" T-Shirts or something.
KME, you interested?

Here's the results as posted by Patrik 'PAL' Bodin on a Swedish page:

Round 1:

Paul Madison - Fredrik Lindberg 0-1 (I500)
Lyman Sheats - Karl Broström 1-0 (DM)
Josh Sharpe - Per Holknekt 1-0 (DW)
Neil Shatz - Patrik Bodin 1-0 (Congo)
Jim Belsito - Jörgen Holm 1-0 (ToM)
Chris Newsom - Mats Runsten 0-1 (DH)
Keith Elwin - Stefan Andersson 0-1 (Corvette)

USA - Sweden 4-3

Round 2:

Josh Sharpe - Patrik Bodin 0-1 (DM)
Paul Madison - Karl Broström 0-1 (Corvette)
Lyman Sheats - Per Holknekt 1-0 (I500)
Keith Elwin - Fredrik Lindberg 0-1 (DH)
Neil Shatz - Jörgen Holm 0-1 (DW)
Jim Belsito - Mats Runsten 1-0 (Congo)
Chris Newsom - Stefan Andersson 0-1 (ToM)

USA - Sweden 2-5 (Total: 6-8)

Round 3:

Lyman Sheats - Patrik Bodin 0-1 (Corvette)
Paul Madison - Per Holknekt 1-0 (DH)
Neil Shatz - Mats Runsten 0-1 (DM)
Chris Newsom - Fredrik Lindberg 1-0 (Congo)
Jim Belsito - Stefan Andersson 1-0 (DW)
Keith Elwin - Karl Broström 0-1 (ToM)
Josh Sharpe - Jörgen Holm 1-0 (I500)

4-3 (Total: 10-11)

Round 4:

Paul Madison - Patrik Bodin 0-1 (ToM)
Lyman Sheats - Jörgen Holm 0-1 (DH)
Josh Sharpe - Mats Runsten 1-0 (Corvette)
Neil Shatz - Stefan Andersson 1-0 (I500)
Jim Belsito - Fredrik Lindberg 0-1 (DM)
Chris Newsom - Karl Broström 0-1 (DW)
Keith Elwin - Per Holknekt 0-1 (Congo)

2-5 (12-16)

Round 5:

Paul Madison - Jörgen Holm 0-1 (Congo)
Lyman Sheats - Mats Runsten 1-0 (ToM)
Josh Sharpe - Stefan Andersson 1-0 (DH)
Neil Shatz - Fredrik Lindberg 1-0 (Corvette)
Jim Belsito - Karl Broström 1-0 (F-14 (I500 trasigt))
Chris Newsom - Per Holknekt 1-0 (DM)
Keith Elwin - Patrik Bodin 1-0 (DW)

6-1 (18-17)

Round 6:

Paul Madison - Mats Runsten 1-0 (DW)
Lyman Sheats - Stefan Andersson 1-0 (Congo)
Josh Sharpe - Fredrik Lindberg 0-1 (ToM)
Neil Shatz - Karl Broström 0-1 (DH)
Jim Belsito - Per Holknekt 1-0 (Corvette)
Chris Newsom - Patrik Bodin 1-0 (I500)
Keith Elwin - Jörgen Holm 1-0 (DM)

5-2 (23-19)

Round 7:

Paul Madison - Stefan Andersson 0-1 (DM)
Lyman Sheats - Fredrik Lindberg 1-0 (DW)
Josh Sharpe - Karl Broström 1-0 (Congo)
Neil Shatz - Per Holknekt 1-0 (ToM)
Jim Belsito - Patrik Bodin 0-1 (DH)
Chris Newsom - Jörgen Holm 0-1 (Corvette)
Keith Ewin - Mats Runsten 0-1 (I500)

3-4 (26-23)

Double 1 (DW):

Lyman & Josh - Fredrik & Jörgen 1-0

Double 2 (Corvette):

Paul & Jim - Karl & Stefan 1-0

Triple 1 (DH)

Chris, Neil & Keith - Per, Patrik & Mats 1-0

Each victory gave 4 points = 12-0 (Total 38-23)

The remaining doubles and triples were never played since Sweden had no
chance of reaching USA. At best it could have became 38-35 if Sweden
would have won all 3.

Playerstats:

Lyman 5-2
Madison 2-5