Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

when shutting down, I get an error that this process needs to be stopped.
Haven't been able to locate anything on the process. it is called PhrR.exe.
can anyone give me some idea what may be causing this? The computer is part
of a network running sbs std edition.

Malke

Bob wrote:

> when shutting down, I get an error that this process needs to be
> stopped. Haven't been able to locate anything on the process. it is
> called PhrR.exe. can anyone give me some idea what may be causing
> this? The computer is part of a network running sbs std edition.

A Google for "PhrR.exe" did not bring up any links which indicates the
program may be malware. Malware is one of the most common causes of
shutdown issues. Be sure your computer is clean:

And here is a link to an excellent shutdown troubleshooter:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers