Sign in with
Your question

What is the best 1920 x 1200 monitor graphic design?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 15, 2011 3:20:01 AM

I'm in the market for a new monitor. I do graphic design for a living, and I'm tired of working with monitors that can't be accurately color corrected, have side to side and up and down fading and light bleeding from the monitor edges.

I've used Dell, Samsung, NEC, Lenova, LG to mention a few. And don't get me wrong, they were good at the time. But lately I've been dealing with more printers across the US, and I want to make sure that what I'm sending is as color accurate as I can possibly make it.

I've read some questions and answers, but it usually is related to gaming performance or movie performance. Granted, those are also nice, but if you're working with various printers and other output devices, you need a monitor that can be color callibrated and be accurate to 5% on the outside, and preferably within 2.5%!

What I'm looking for is a something with a 1920x1200 or better resolution on a 23"w or larger monitor. As for price .,.. I guess it will be, what it will be.

Any suggestions?

The Image Wizard
April 15, 2011 7:06:34 AM

To MauveCloud -

Thanks for the input. The LaCie Professional monitors are some that I'm considering. Most of them come with the monitor shrouds and color correcting hardware and software, which is a good thing. I'll move them to the top of my list! I'll be buying the new monitor in the next month or so, so I'll see if anyone else has any other ideas as well.

Just for an F.Y.I. for every one who doesn't know the LaCie 324 is at the $1,200+ price point. That may seam high to a lot of people. But for anyone who's buying a monitor for expert color quality, most of the monitors sold require you to buy your own calibrating hardware and software.

The Pantone company for example, is a company that produces industry color standards (Pantone Matching System - or PMS colors), used for darn near everything - From colors of fabrics, all the way down to colors that businesses use for Official Company colors. Anyhow, their color calibration software (ColorMunki Design) works really well, and is $499.99 plus tax and shipping. Add that price to a Professional grade Dell or Samsung monitor (that start around $309m for older models, up to $889+ for newer models), you'll see that the price difference is really not as whacked out as you would first suspect.

Thanks again for the input. I look forward to hearing from more of you out there!

The Image Wizard
m
l
!