How to "Always Show Full Menus" in Start Menu (not Office)

I understand how to make Office applications always show full menus instead
of collapse to only show the most recently used, but I want to do that same
thing in my Start button.

I have Windows XP Professional, but I have it configured in Start Menu
Properties to use the Classic Start Menu. So when I click Start, then hover
over Programs, it pops out the side menu, and that side menu always only
shows the two or three folders or solo icons I've used recently. That is sooo
annoying. I want it to stop trying to think for me and show everything like
previous versions of Windows did. How do I do this? Sometimes if I hover over
the little expandy double down arrows which you click to expand to full
menus, it'll give me a little tip, saying I can adjust this behavior in the
Task Bar and Start Menu Properties. But I'm not seeing anywhere in there
where I can do that. Help!

Just One Question wrote:
> I have Windows XP Professional, but I have it configured in Start Menu
> Properties to use the Classic Start Menu. So when I click Start, then hover
> over Programs, it pops out the side menu, and that side menu always only
> shows the two or three folders or solo icons I've used recently. That is sooo
> annoying. I want it to stop trying to think for me and show everything like
> previous versions of Windows did. How do I do this? Sometimes if I hover over

Right Click on the Task Bar > Properties > Start Menu > Classic Start
menu > Customize > uncheck Use Personalized Menus

Just One Question wrote:
> I understand how to make Office applications always show
> full menus instead of collapse to only show the most
> recently used, but I want to do that same thing in my Start
> button.
>
> I have Windows XP Professional, but I have it configured in
> Start Menu Properties to use the Classic Start Menu. So when
> I click Start, then hover over Programs, it pops out the
> side menu, and that side menu always only shows the two or
> three folders or solo icons I've used recently. That is sooo
> annoying. I want it to stop trying to think for me and show
> everything like previous versions of Windows did. How do I
> do this? Sometimes if I hover over the little expandy double
> down arrows which you click to expand to full menus, it'll
> give me a little tip, saying I can adjust this behavior in
> the Task Bar and Start Menu Properties. But I'm not seeing
> anywhere in there where I can do that. Help!

Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
Click on the Start Menu tab.
Click on Customize.
Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus".

Nepatsfan