blue screen error

On rebooting I reveived a blue screen error about a corrupt driver. I
was instructed to 'run driver verifier' and enable 'special pool.'
Easy question. What are these things and how do I do it?
BONUS: FWIW, the reboot was due to partitioning and attempting to
reformat a USB external drive. I realize this does not mean the
partitiion attempt (PartitionMagic 8) was the cause but it was my last
attempted change on the PC.
1 answer Last reply
More about blue screen error

    Here's how to run driver verifier: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244617/

    We'll need more information about the blue screen (such as the STOP error
    message and the particular driver file that was referred to) in order to
    troubleshoot it accurately.

    Although the PM tasks may not be the cause of this - the appearance of the
    BSOD immediately afteward doesn't sound too good. Hopefully it didn't hose
    your operating system.

    Other things to try are running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run prompt - and
    if that doesn't work, consider doing a repair installation (instructions
    here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341 )

    - John

    "J Lunis" wrote:

    > On rebooting I reveived a blue screen error about a corrupt driver. I
    > was instructed to 'run driver verifier' and enable 'special pool.'
    > Easy question. What are these things and how do I do it?
    > BONUS: FWIW, the reboot was due to partitioning and attempting to
    > reformat a USB external drive. I realize this does not mean the
    > partitiion attempt (PartitionMagic 8) was the cause but it was my last
    > attempted change on the PC.

Blue Screen Microsoft External Drive Windows XP