How to defrag & consolidate empty space

I use Diskkeeper but it doesn't consolidate empty space. My multimedia
system gets bogged down because every new video file is immediately
fragmented by all the tiny empty spaces. I can use Diskkeeper to defragment
it before I begin editing... but what a terrible waste of time... what an
unneccessary waste of time!

Is there a defragmenter that will consolidate empty space?

A third party defragmenter can do that.

From: "wdsnews" <wdsnews.0510@oregoncity.com>

| I use Diskkeeper but it doesn't consolidate empty space. My multimedia
| system gets bogged down because every new video file is immediately
| fragmented by all the tiny empty spaces. I can use Diskkeeper to defragment
| it before I begin editing... but what a terrible waste of time... what an
| unneccessary waste of time!
|
| Is there a defragmenter that will consolidate empty space?

Use the native defragger. Albeit, it too will take time. They all will.

Execute;

%windir%\system32\dfrg.msc

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

David

The "native" Disk Defragmenter does not defragment free space!

--

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> From: "wdsnews" <wdsnews.0510@oregoncity.com>
>
> | I use Diskkeeper but it doesn't consolidate empty space. My
> multimedia
> | system gets bogged down because every new video file is immediately
> | fragmented by all the tiny empty spaces. I can use Diskkeeper to
> defragment
> | it before I begin editing... but what a terrible waste of time...
> what an
> | unneccessary waste of time!
> |
> | Is there a defragmenter that will consolidate empty space?
> |

> Use the native defragger. Albeit, it too will take time. They all
> will.
>
> Execute;
>
> %windir%\system32\dfrg.msc
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Perfect Disk -see link:
http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/perfectdisk2k_features.cfm

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"wdsnews" <wdsnews.0510@oregoncity.com> wrote in message
>I use Diskkeeper but it doesn't consolidate empty space. My multimedia
> system gets bogged down because every new video file is immediately
> fragmented by all the tiny empty spaces. I can use Diskkeeper to
> defragment
> it before I begin editing... but what a terrible waste of time... what
> an
> unneccessary waste of time!
>
> Is there a defragmenter that will consolidate empty space?

TRENDING THREADS