upgrading to xp pro in a different language.

Jim

Hi,

My OS is windows XP home edition in French. I am interested in buying an
English version of the upgrade to xp pro. Is it possible (compatible) to use
this product to upgrade to pro, which is in English, even though my base OS
is in French?

Thanks in advance!

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:18:02 -0700, Jim
<Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My OS is windows XP home edition in French. I am interested in buying an
>English version of the upgrade to xp pro. Is it possible (compatible) to use
>this product to upgrade to pro, which is in English, even though my base OS
>is in French?
>
>Thanks in advance!

No you can not upgrade to a different language of XP with an upgrade
CD. You will need to purchase a full version and install it clean.