Sign in with
Your question

Monitor for Graphic Desigh and Photography

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 18, 2011 9:19:07 AM

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me finding my new monitor. I made another post before but I changed my mind about some stuff so lets try again.

I am looking for a new monitor for graphic design and photography, that can show most accurate print colours as possible (with calibration).

Approximate Purchase Date: start of May
Budget Range: $500-1000 / But I would buy it from some Danish company - so prices might be different.

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Color Management > Photo editing > graphic design > watching movies > gaming

Physical Size (Diagonal): 24-27" inches
Resolution You'll Consider: 1920 x 1200 I heard is best for graphics nowadays

Refresh rate shouldn't be too slow either, I like movies and games too.

Stand Functions: height, tilt

Additional Comments: I want the best image quality, for its price. The colors have to me more or less even all over the screen. I need a screen that can be hardware calibrated, I want it to be good for gaming too.

After some suggestions from this forum, talking to my photography teacher and looking through gazillion reviews I stopped at NEC LCD2490WUXI2 - but I got so many mixed reviews so I am not sure if its worth it.

Anyone has any other suggestions?
a c 195 C Monitor
April 18, 2011 12:17:56 PM

What did some of the bad reviews say about the NEC LCD2490WUXi2?
a c 195 C Monitor
April 18, 2011 12:25:22 PM

There's the NEC PA241W-BK that's near the limit of your budget (in USD).

Eizo S2433WH-BK is also a good choice, but it is probably a little bit over your budget by $100 or so (in USD).
a c 109 C Monitor
April 18, 2011 8:01:06 PM

what about the viewsonic profesional series? they have a 26" model available. i'm not sure if they are hardware-adjustable but they are an ips. i've owned two and they have been phenomenal.
!