anna

My CDROM drive won't allow me to load any CD's on it. It will open but it
won't let me install new things or play CD's, DVD's, etc. They just won't
load!

Anna wrote:

> My CDROM drive won't allow me to load any CD's on it. It will open but it
> won't let me install new things or play CD's, DVD's, etc. They just won't
> load!

Time to replace the CDROM drive?

Hi Anna,
Here is something that may help you, it's worth a try anyway: Microsoft Help
& Support - CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing after you
install Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
EAG1945

"Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My CDROM drive won't allow me to load any CD's on it. It will open but it
> won't let me install new things or play CD's, DVD's, etc. They just won't
> load!

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:AA66EC09-8646-46E2-AD99-D936E82A6ED2@microsoft.com,
Anna <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My CDROM drive won't allow me to load any CD's on it. It will open
> but it won't let me install new things or play CD's, DVD's, etc. They
> just won't load!

What sort of errors is it giving you? Perhaps it's just plain died?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Did you clean it?

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!