Gateway DX4300-15e manual purchase

ausdon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I have a Gateway dx4300-22 and I'm trying to find a complete manual for it.Not a user guide but a complete shop type manual with all the specs and other detailed information. I'm trying get info on what kind of and how to run an audio/video cable(s) from my computer to my tv so I can watch Netflix movies on my large screen tv instead of on my computer monitor.

you don't need a shop manual just to hook your computer up to your tv. it really is fairly simple.

you have 4 options:
1-i want to hook my computer up to my tv only.
2-i want to have a switcher that i flick to swap between displays.
3-i want the tv to be a copy of what i see on my monitor.
4-i was a dual monitor setup with the tv being an extension of my desktop.

keep in mind that with solutions 2&4 you will most definitely want a monitor of the same resolution as your television. the other solutions will work fine but having a monitor of the same resolution of the primary monitor is always recommended. note: resolution (1920x1080 for example) not size in inches.

what you need to know is what type of output ports are on your video card (just look at the back of your pc where your monitor cable is) and what type of ports are inputs on your tv (look at your tv panel).

the following will assume you have 2 hdmi-out on the computer (with one being the monitor) and hdmi-in on the tv. if you have different types then you will have to get adapters and the like to match your situation:

1-connect hdmi-out (pc) to hdmi-in (tv). change source to hdmi on tv. done. easy.
2-connect hdmi-out 1(pc) to switcher box. connect switcher box hdmi out 1&2 to hdmi-in(tv) and hdmi-in(monitor).
3-connect hdmi-out 1(pc) to hdmi-in monitor. connect hdmi-out 2(pc) to hdmi-in(monitor). change display settings so that monitor 2(tv) is a copy.
4-same as 3 except change display settings so that monitor 2(tv) is an extended desktop.