JS

Hello,

I added an USB modem to my xp, and set it can send and receive Fax and
disable the previous modem, but somehow the fax service still only
recognizes the first modem event I restart the fax service.

How to add new modem to the fax service? Thanks.

Here I got a fix for you jsut go into the control panel and open up the
printers and fax option and just run the setup a fax wizard option the the
left side of the windows theere you should be able to select your new usb
modem. Ok thanks.

Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

"js" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added an USB modem to my xp, and set it can send and receive Fax and
> disable the previous modem, but somehow the fax service still only
> recognizes the first modem event I restart the fax service.
>
> How to add new modem to the fax service? Thanks.

JS

Thanks Matthew.
How about on win2000?

"Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B15E83FF-61FC-441C-89FE-4EAA2F380B71@microsoft.com...
> Here I got a fix for you jsut go into the control panel and open up the
> printers and fax option and just run the setup a fax wizard option the the
> left side of the windows theere you should be able to select your new usb
> modem. Ok thanks.
>
> Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
> was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> problems.
> Thanks
>

> "js" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I added an USB modem to my xp, and set it can send and receive Fax and
>> disable the previous modem, but somehow the fax service still only
>> recognizes the first modem event I restart the fax service.
>>
>> How to add new modem to the fax service? Thanks.

Here it is for windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=227194

--
Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

Matthew Senecal

"js" wrote:

> Thanks Matthew.
> How about on win2000?
>
> "Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B15E83FF-61FC-441C-89FE-4EAA2F380B71@microsoft.com...
> > Here I got a fix for you jsut go into the control panel and open up the
> > printers and fax option and just run the setup a fax wizard option the the
> > left side of the windows theere you should be able to select your new usb
> > modem. Ok thanks.
> >
> > Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
> > was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> > problems.
> > Thanks
> >

> > "js" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I added an USB modem to my xp, and set it can send and receive Fax and
> >> disable the previous modem, but somehow the fax service still only
> >> recognizes the first modem event I restart the fax service.
> >>
> >> How to add new modem to the fax service? Thanks.

JS

Yes. I got it ready, but the usb modem can't pickup the fax, it try to
answer, bot got unexpect error in the log.

I can make a call use the usb modem. what's the problem?

Thanks.

"Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3263FB80-4067-4006-9024-807F1D802839@microsoft.com...
> Here it is for windows 2000
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=227194
>
> --
> Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if
> this
> was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> problems.
> Thanks
>
> Matthew Senecal
>

> "js" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Matthew.
>> How about on win2000?
>>
>> "Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:B15E83FF-61FC-441C-89FE-4EAA2F380B71@microsoft.com...
>> > Here I got a fix for you jsut go into the control panel and open up the
>> > printers and fax option and just run the setup a fax wizard option the
>> > the
>> > left side of the windows theere you should be able to select your new
>> > usb
>> > modem. Ok thanks.
>> >
>> > Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if
>> > this
>> > was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
>> > problems.
>> > Thanks

Is this for windows xp or windows 2000?
--

"js" wrote:

> Yes. I got it ready, but the usb modem can't pickup the fax, it try to
> answer, bot got unexpect error in the log.
>
> I can make a call use the usb modem. what's the problem?
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3263FB80-4067-4006-9024-807F1D802839@microsoft.com...
> > Here it is for windows 2000

> > --
> > Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if
> > this
> > was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> > problems.
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matthew Senecal
> >

> > "js" wrote: