Denon ah-d5000 + SB x-fi titanium HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hello everyone.
I really need an honest and expert opinion on this confusion am facing right now. so I currently own denon ah-d5000 connected to an external amplifier ( schiit asgard ) and then to the sound card on my computer through RCA ( creative SB x-fi titanium HD ), so recently I have been running some tests and comparing between this config and connecting the headphones directly to the card through the headphones out to make sure all the cmss3d effects are working the same on both, which it does, in the process I noticed very little difference in sound when I connect the headphones to the external amp.

my question is do I really need an external amp for the denons or should I just connect them directly to the headphones out and call it a day, I have been comparing both for a few days and I sense very little difference to the point of starting to hear abit of clearness when connecting the headphones directly.

on my initial purchase I was recommended to run the denons with an external amp, even denons themselves said that ah-d5000 may benifit of an amp.

now if you were me, using the computer as pc gamer - music - movies and series, would you keep the am or loose it? noting that the RCA out on the sound card has higher specs than headphones 3.5 jack.

I really need some assurance and opinions on this guys. thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.