Canceled order

Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.
25 answers Last reply
More about canceled order

    vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote in message news:<2e8b954b.0406050652.1de35564@posting.google.com>...
    > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.

    Thanks Larry but how much worse than Dell's service COULD it be??
    Bought my last pc 4 years ago. they have really slid!

    No, they cannot - get a confirmation by mail or email just in case.

    If they do ship the system, simply refuse delivery.

    RO wrote:

    > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.

    Before you go Sony, do a search on Sony's support... Not good!

    Larry

    Lots worse. Dell has slipped a lot, but still comes in number 1 in most
    surveys. Sony comes in near the bottom.

    > vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote in message
    > > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.
    >
    > Thanks Larry but how much worse than Dell's service COULD it be??
    > Bought my last pc 4 years ago. they have really slid!

    they don't charge your account until the shipping day but as said by another
    check out Sony before you change your mind.

    "RO" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.

    "RO" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote in message
    > > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.
    >
    > Thanks Larry but how much worse than Dell's service COULD it be??
    > Bought my last pc 4 years ago. they have really slid!

    They couldn't possibly be worse than Dell. There is no customer service
    since they outsourced customer service for individuals to India. Those
    people will make all sorts of promises, but they apparently don't get paid
    to actually *do* anything. IIRC a recent issue of Consumer Reports rated
    both Sony and Compaq higher on customer service. I tried 20+ times, through
    every available channel, to get an invoice for a hard drive I recently
    bought from Dell so I could get the Dell advertised rebate. I got nothing
    but a royal run around. I would have sent the damn thing back, but I figured
    I had less than a 50-50 chance of getting the thing credited back and didn't
    want to continue fighting with them. Unless the situation changes
    dramatically the two Dells in the house will probably be our last. They're
    good machines, but heaven help you if you need _anything_ from Dell.

    Dennis

    In article <10c4qbp11kdh044@corp.supernews.com>, rriv22@aol.com says...
    > I knew Dell was sorry as hell

    Errr... Dell were sorry ? - perhaps the guy on the end of the phone was,
    but hey, they`ve got YOUR money !

    The invoice is available online. Log on to your account, choose the
    purchase and you can find the invoice.

    Of course it came in the box too.

    "Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "RO" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote in message
    > > > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > > > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > > > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Thanks Larry but how much worse than Dell's service COULD it be??
    > > Bought my last pc 4 years ago. they have really slid!
    >
    > They couldn't possibly be worse than Dell. There is no customer
    service
    > since they outsourced customer service for individuals to India. Those
    > people will make all sorts of promises, but they apparently don't get paid
    > to actually *do* anything. IIRC a recent issue of Consumer Reports rated
    > both Sony and Compaq higher on customer service. I tried 20+ times,
    through
    > every available channel, to get an invoice for a hard drive I recently
    > bought from Dell so I could get the Dell advertised rebate. I got nothing
    > but a royal run around. I would have sent the damn thing back, but I
    figured
    > I had less than a 50-50 chance of getting the thing credited back and
    didn't
    > want to continue fighting with them. Unless the situation changes
    > dramatically the two Dells in the house will probably be our last. They're
    > good machines, but heaven help you if you need _anything_ from Dell.
    >
    > Dennis

    "Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "RO" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote in message
    > > > Just canceled my order after they told me about a 2 week delay in
    > > > shipping. Does anyone know if they can still keep me on the hook for
    > > > this? I think i'll buy a Sony. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Thanks Larry but how much worse than Dell's service COULD it be??
    > > Bought my last pc 4 years ago. they have really slid!
    >
    > They couldn't possibly be worse than Dell. There is no customer
    service
    > since they outsourced customer service for individuals to India. Those
    > people will make all sorts of promises, but they apparently don't get paid
    > to actually *do* anything. IIRC a recent issue of Consumer Reports rated
    > both Sony and Compaq higher on customer service. I tried 20+ times,
    through
    > every available channel, to get an invoice for a hard drive I recently
    > bought from Dell so I could get the Dell advertised rebate. I got nothing
    > but a royal run around. I would have sent the damn thing back, but I
    figured
    > I had less than a 50-50 chance of getting the thing credited back and
    didn't
    > want to continue fighting with them. Unless the situation changes
    > dramatically the two Dells in the house will probably be our last. They're
    > good machines, but heaven help you if you need _anything_ from Dell.

    That's odd, anything I have ever had shipped to me included an invoice in
    the box (or in a small plastic pouch on the outside). In fact anything I
    have ever ordered from Dell not only included it in the box, but also online
    as soon as my order was completed.

    "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

    > That's odd, anything I have ever had shipped to me included an invoice in
    > the box (or in a small plastic pouch on the outside). In fact anything I
    > have ever ordered from Dell not only included it in the box, but also
    online
    > as soon as my order was completed.

    The difference is that I purchased it on a Dell Prefered account. Part
    of the run around was that when I talked to the Indians the Dell Prefered
    people would insist that Dell was responsible for sending out invoices and
    when I talked to the Dell people they insisted Dell Prefered handled this.
    One of the Indians claimed to be emailing an invoice to me himself. Another
    insisted they could not do this. Most of them told me they were emailing the
    proper department and that I would get an invoice in 48 hours. This never
    happened. Even with Dell Prefered I used to be able to get invoices online.
    This is no longer the case.

    Email to Dell is handled by dumb 'bots that only regurgitate information
    already available online. I was kicked off the Dell forums when I started
    talking about my plans for future purchases and why I had made this
    decision--even though I was saying it politely. You simply disappear without
    notice. The last thing I got there was a claim from one of their people that
    they could handle this--they didn't.

    Asking for a supervisor is a hoot. One person claimed they could not
    connect me to a supervisor. Another kicked me back into the phone pool when
    I asked to talk to their supervisor, after he suggested that I should have
    talked to one of the previous person's supervisor. Apparently there are
    major disincentives for actually connecting you to a "supervisor".

    The way I look at it is that if they couldn't handle a simple and basic
    matter like this what happens if I need something even slightly complicated?
    I'm not willing to gamble my money finding out. I know a guy in Texas who
    took his machine to Dell headquarters and insisted they take it back, even
    though he knew he wouldn't get his money back. It had become a boat anchor
    because of software problems. When he insisted--face to face--they finally
    found someone to get him the software, otherwise individual buyers are not
    getting customer service.

    Dennis

    We had one shipment that had no invoice, but requested and received a dup
    without problems.

    > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > That's odd, anything I have ever had shipped to me included an invoice
    in
    > > the box (or in a small plastic pouch on the outside). In fact anything I
    > > have ever ordered from Dell not only included it in the box, but also
    > online
    > > as soon as my order was completed.
    >
    > The difference is that I purchased it on a Dell Prefered account.

    Nothing different there. All of my Dell purchases are also on my Dell
    Preferred Account.
    I don't care if you are paying with haitian Gourdes, they still provide
    e-Invoice at time of order and hard-copy with delivery.

    > Part of the run around was that when I talked to the Indians the Dell
    Prefered
    > people would insist that Dell was responsible for sending out invoices and
    > when I talked to the Dell people they insisted Dell Prefered handled this.
    > One of the Indians claimed to be emailing an invoice to me himself.
    Another
    > insisted they could not do this. Most of them told me they were emailing
    the
    > proper department and that I would get an invoice in 48 hours. This never
    > happened.

    I have two questions here. Why are you talking to "the Indians", that would
    be tech support as Sales is still a U.S. call center.
    It also does not explain your original Hard-Copy. I actually received two of
    these, one with the shipment and one by seperate envelope.

    > Even with Dell Prefered I used to be able to get invoices online. This is
    no longer the case.

    Sure you can. I just checked and all my invoices are still available. Had my
    wife check, and so are hers.
    Are you sure you are going to the right page? You must login before you can
    access your invoices.

    https://membership.dell.com/DellPortal/Signin.aspx

    > Email to Dell is handled by dumb 'bots that only regurgitate
    information
    > already available online. I was kicked off the Dell forums when I started
    > talking about my plans for future purchases and why I had made this
    > decision--even though I was saying it politely. You simply disappear
    without
    > notice. The last thing I got there was a claim from one of their people
    that
    > they could handle this--they didn't.

    I have only had to email Dell one time and was answered by an individual,
    not a form letter from a bot.
    As for the forums, is it possible it was not actually a Dell rep but someone
    else jerking your chain. I can not imagine why a rep for a company would
    offer assistance and then never do anything. If he had no interest in your
    issue, why respond in the first place?

    > Asking for a supervisor is a hoot. One person claimed they could not
    > connect me to a supervisor. Another kicked me back into the phone pool
    when
    > I asked to talk to their supervisor, after he suggested that I should have
    > talked to one of the previous person's supervisor. Apparently there are
    > major disincentives for actually connecting you to a "supervisor".

    A couple days after ordering one of my Dells they changed their online
    offers (as happens frequently). The new offers would have given me what I
    was expecting PLUS a 17" Flat Panel upgrade at no charge. I figured what the
    hell can't hurt to ask and gave them a call to see what could be done. The
    rep informed me my only option would be to refuse my current order (it had
    already shipped) and place a new order taking advantage of the new specials.
    Well this sounded obsurd not only from a customer service standpoint, but
    would cost their company more in shipping. I asked for his supervisor, who
    was 'Promptly" put on the phone. He agreed and we worked out a solution in
    that he shipped the Flat Panel and informed me to refuse only the monitor
    from the original order when it arrived.

    > The way I look at it is that if they couldn't handle a simple and
    basic
    > matter like this what happens if I need something even slightly
    complicated?
    > I'm not willing to gamble my money finding out. I know a guy in Texas who
    > took his machine to Dell headquarters and insisted they take it back, even
    > though he knew he wouldn't get his money back. It had become a boat anchor
    > because of software problems. When he insisted--face to face--they finally
    > found someone to get him the software,

    And anyone that knows corporate business knows that he was lucky. Many
    corporate offices are clueless to service issues as they are management and
    not service types. Their service and warehouses are often located in an
    entirely different area. I also don't think "face-to-face" had much to do
    with it. They usually have Security for those kinds of cases.

    >otherwise individual buyers are not getting customer service.

    No complaints from this individual yet.

    "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    > The reason being that I
    > > am (being in business) all to familiar with how long it sometimes takes
    > > get a customers account credited back shall we say...expeditiously.
    >

    > It is really difficult. We have had no problems getting credits to our
    > customers handled promptly. None that I know of took over two weeks, and I
    > consider that really bad.
    > On the other side of the coin, I just had an inadvertent over charge from
    > repair company. I went in, showed them the problem. They issued the credit
    > while I stood there and it appeared on my, internet available, account
    > summary the third day following the credit being issued.
    >

    > >Now IF they happen to use the same
    > > clearing house, this can be as quick as 24hrs (but is not >always the
    > case).
    > > If the use different clearing houses it can take longer and can >even be
    > as
    > > long as 10 days.
    >
    > "10 days", but this was well over a month from the date Dell got the
    > merchandise back.

    > > > Dell got it back on April 16th and still have not credited it back to
    > > my
    >
    > His message was posted June 5. That is 50 days. Even if you only count
    > business days(34), it is absurdly slow. You really aren't going to try and
    > blame that on the credit card company, are you?

    blaming no one as that would be too easy. Simply pointing out how things
    sometimes work. I can tell you that YES it is quite possible one of the
    banking institutions is at fault here. Unfortunately, chances are the
    customer will never really know where the screw-up was and the vendor will
    take the heat in the end.

    > I guess blaming the CC company beats having to admit that some companies
    are
    > intentionally slow issuing credits. I think it is called "playing the
    > float".

    No easier than it is to blame the vendor. Simple fact is I was blaming no
    one in particular as based on what has been stated here so far there is
    'concrete' evidence as to where the ball was dropped.

    > "Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > That's odd, anything I have ever had shipped to me included an invoice
    > in
    > > > the box (or in a small plastic pouch on the outside). In fact anything
    > > > have ever ordered from Dell not only included it in the box, but also
    > > online
    > > > as soon as my order was completed.
    > >
    > > The difference is that I purchased it on a Dell Prefered account.
    >
    > Nothing different there. All of my Dell purchases are also on my Dell
    > Preferred Account.
    > I don't care if you are paying with haitian Gourdes, they still provide
    > e-Invoice at time of order and hard-copy with delivery.

    Well for starters, what you get with your order is a packing slip, not
    an invoice. They are two different animals. I've found if you don't give the
    rebate centers exactly what they want you don't get your rebate. I tried
    sending in the packing slip because that was all I could get, but I'm not
    expecting to see my money again.

    > I have two questions here. Why are you talking to "the Indians", that
    would
    > be tech support as Sales is still a U.S. call center.
    > It also does not explain your original Hard-Copy. I actually received two
    of
    > these, one with the shipment and one by seperate envelope.

    Good point, an avenue I didn't try, and I thought I had tried everything
    available. I usually work with sales when I'm making a purchase and customer
    service afterwards. It would have been worth a try. The Indians are
    certainly worthless.

    > > Even with Dell Prefered I used to be able to get invoices online. This
    is
    > no longer the case.
    >
    > Sure you can. I just checked and all my invoices are still available. Had
    my
    > wife check, and so are hers.
    > Are you sure you are going to the right page? You must login before you
    can
    > access your invoices.
    >
    > https://membership.dell.com/DellPortal/Signin.aspx

    Been there, done that (several times)--did it again--the site still
    insists that I can't get this particular invoice online and directs me to a
    form that doesn't produce any responses. According to the page I get it's
    because it's a Dell Prefered purchase.

    > > Email to Dell is handled by dumb 'bots that only regurgitate
    > information
    > > already available online. I was kicked off the Dell forums when I
    started
    > > talking about my plans for future purchases and why I had made this
    > > decision--even though I was saying it politely. You simply disappear
    > without
    > > notice. The last thing I got there was a claim from one of their people
    > that
    > > they could handle this--they didn't.
    >
    > I have only had to email Dell one time and was answered by an individual,
    > not a form letter from a bot.
    > As for the forums, is it possible it was not actually a Dell rep but
    someone
    > else jerking your chain. I can not imagine why a rep for a company would
    > offer assistance and then never do anything. If he had no interest in your
    > issue, why respond in the first place?

    The only thing I can think of is that it looks good on the forum. The
    last anyone sees of me is when they offer to fix it. Now my posts just
    disappear and no one is the wiser. Posting directly to the moderator, who
    offered to help, also produces no results. The way the forums are set up I
    don't think anyone could fake a moderator post and go unnoticed.

    > No complaints from this individual yet.

    Yep, I would have said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I hope you
    continue as lucky. Personally I'm feeling pretty abused and plan to vote
    with my dollars. Good machines--absolutely no customer service.

    Dennis

    I can tell you that YES it is quite possible one of the
    > banking institutions is at fault here. Unfortunately, chances are the
    > customer will never really know where the screw-up was and the vendor will
    > take the heat in the end.

    "possible" , yes, but,
    I guess that Dell is "snake bit" then. We have had to get 4 credits from
    Dell. One for a returned component, one for a cancelled order, and two for
    shipping(one where we were charged for shipping that was supposed to be at
    no charge and another where we were charged for air and the system was
    shipped ground). None were handled promptly. None were handled as promised.
    And all four had to be disputed.
    I don't call that a good track record for Dell, do you.

    Add to that, numerous experiences similar to Rivera's and ours have been
    posted to this news group.

    I think that is a very good indication as to just where the responsibility
    falls, does it not?

    Technobarbarian wrote:

    > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

    >>in

    >>>online

    >>> The difference is that I purchased it on a Dell Prefered account.
    >>
    >>Nothing different there. All of my Dell purchases are also on my Dell
    >>Preferred Account.
    >>I don't care if you are paying with haitian Gourdes, they still provide
    >>e-Invoice at time of order and hard-copy with delivery.
    >
    > Well for starters, what you get with your order is a packing slip, not
    > an invoice. They are two different animals. I've found if you don't give the
    > rebate centers exactly what they want you don't get your rebate. I tried
    > sending in the packing slip because that was all I could get, but I'm not
    > expecting to see my money again.

    Why are you talking about rebates now? Rebates are totally different
    from credits and are usually handled by a fulfillment company, not the
    vendor (don't know if this is the case with Dell). This might be a
    source of confusion if you're calling Dell and asking about your rebate
    - you're not entitled to one. You want a credit for the merchandise you
    ordered & canceled (refused delivery).

    "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    > Technobarbarian wrote:
    >
    > > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >>in

    > >>Nothing different there. All of my Dell purchases are also on my Dell
    > >>Preferred Account.
    > >>I don't care if you are paying with haitian Gourdes, they still provide
    > >>e-Invoice at time of order and hard-copy with delivery.
    > >
    > > Well for starters, what you get with your order is a packing slip,
    not
    > > an invoice. They are two different animals. I've found if you don't give
    the
    > > rebate centers exactly what they want you don't get your rebate. I tried
    > > sending in the packing slip because that was all I could get, but I'm
    not
    > > expecting to see my money again.
    >
    > Why are you talking about rebates now? Rebates are totally different
    > from credits and are usually handled by a fulfillment company, not the
    > vendor (don't know if this is the case with Dell). This might be a
    > source of confusion if you're calling Dell and asking about your rebate
    > - you're not entitled to one. You want a credit for the merchandise you
    > ordered & canceled (refused delivery).

    You're the only one here who's confused. I needed the invoice from Dell
    (seller) to apply for the rebate from Seagate (manufacturer). If you paid
    attention to the various names of the people posting to this thread it might
    make sense to you--maybe.

    TB

    Technobarbarian wrote:

    > "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Technobarbarian wrote:
    >>

    >>>"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

    >>> Well for starters, what you get with your order is a packing slip,
    >
    > not
    >
    >>>an invoice. They are two different animals. I've found if you don't give
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>rebate centers exactly what they want you don't get your rebate. I tried
    >>>sending in the packing slip because that was all I could get, but I'm
    >
    > not
    >
    >>>expecting to see my money again.
    >>
    >>Why are you talking about rebates now? Rebates are totally different
    >>from credits and are usually handled by a fulfillment company, not the
    >>vendor (don't know if this is the case with Dell). This might be a
    >>source of confusion if you're calling Dell and asking about your rebate
    >>- you're not entitled to one. You want a credit for the merchandise you
    >>ordered & canceled (refused delivery).
    >
    > You're the only one here who's confused.

    Whatever, you're the dummy still looking for your CR.

    Don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my question about why
    you're talking about rebates all of a sudden.

    > Whatever, you're the dummy still looking for your CR.
    >
    > Don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my question about why
    > you're talking about rebates all of a sudden.

    LOL, I answered your question, you're just too dense to get it. There was
    no "all of a sudden" and I am not the person looking for a CR. I posted to
    this thread to say: "Hey, I'm having a similar problem with Dell, I think
    we're seeing a pattern here". It's usenet. More than one person can post to
    a thread. You apparently are too lazy or dense to follow the conversation.
    In the likely case that you didn't get it, the pattern is that the Indians
    are just going through the motions and very little actually happens there.
    As a result Dell isn't really providing customer service for individuals
    anymore. I find it interesting that sales and service for larger accounts
    stayed in the States while "customer service" for individuals got
    outsourced. It seems to indicate that Dell knew what would happen to
    customer service in India.

    TB

    ................. I find it interesting that sales and service for larger
    accounts
    > stayed in the States while "customer service" for individuals got
    > outsourced. .............

    Not entirely correct. From the numerous articles that I have read, Dell
    began outsourcing those accounts, also, but they were flooded with so many
    complaints and promises of lost business that they very wisely made the
    decision to move them back to the U.S.

    "Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Whatever, you're the dummy still looking for your CR.
    > >
    > > Don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my question about why
    > > you're talking about rebates all of a sudden.
    >
    > LOL, I answered your question, you're just too dense to get it. There
    was
    > no "all of a sudden" and I am not the person looking for a CR. I posted to
    > this thread to say: "Hey, I'm having a similar problem with Dell, I think
    > we're seeing a pattern here". It's usenet. More than one person can post
    > a thread. You apparently are too lazy or dense to follow the conversation.
    > In the likely case that you didn't get it, the pattern is that the Indians
    > are just going through the motions and very little actually happens there.
    > As a result Dell isn't really providing customer service for individuals
    > anymore. I find it interesting that sales and service for larger accounts
    > stayed in the States while "customer service" for individuals got
    > outsourced. It seems to indicate that Dell knew what would happen to
    > customer service in India.
    >
    > TB

    Before you ask, here is a URL.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C103955%2C00.html

    > Before you ask, here is a URL.
    >
    > http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C103955%2C00.html

    Yes, but this effects 'corporate customers'

    " I find it interesting that sales and service for larger accounts
    stayed in the States"

    I sorry, I assumed that corporate accounts were "larger accounts". Guess
    not.

    > Lots worse. Dell has slipped a lot, but still comes in number 1 in most
    > surveys. Sony comes in near the bottom.

    I agree. I wouldn't give Dell an A+ by any stretch, but they're probably the
    "Least Worst".

    A few years back I'd have said that HP Support was best, Compaq Support was
    worst, and Dell Support was midway inbetween. But now that HP seems to have
    inherited all of Compaq's bad habits, Dell is - by default - now the best.

    And - ooooh - don't EVEN get me started on the subject of IBM's support...

    - FM -

    "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > > Lots worse. Dell has slipped a lot, but still comes in number 1 in most
    > > surveys. Sony comes in near the bottom.
    >
    > I agree. I wouldn't give Dell an A+ by any stretch, but they're probably
    the
    > "Least Worst".
    >
    > A few years back I'd have said that HP Support was best, Compaq Support
    was
    > worst, and Dell Support was midway inbetween. But now that HP seems to
    have
    > inherited all of Compaq's bad habits, Dell is - by default - now the best.
    >
    > And - ooooh - don't EVEN get me started on the subject of IBM's
    support...

    Awhile back I had occasion to use eMachine's tech support when I was
    fixing a computer novice friend's computer. Even they were FAR better than
    Dell. My friend had gotten a rather virulent and potentially expensive
    dialer on his machine. I consider eMachines to be pretty near the bottom of
    the barrel as far as computers go, but I talked to people who were native
    English speakers and very helpful. That's a lot more than I can say for
    Dell.

    TB

Dell Sony Computers