Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:

I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)

How can I change the default from Properties to Run?

Tracy

Ok Here the fix for you.

On the task that you want to run just rick click the task and select the
first option which is run ok thanks.

Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

"Tray-C" wrote:

> Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>
> I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
> However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
> click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>
> How can I change the default from Properties to Run?
>
> Tracy

Um, then it wouldn't be a Scheduled task.

Tray-C wrote:

> Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>
> I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
> However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
> click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>
> How can I change the default from Properties to Run?
>
> Tracy

well what they want to do is have a schedule task run lets say for anti-virus
program to scan stuff at lests say 2am every day well she might want to run
it to scan some stuff at 10am on something she recieved or the computer
acting up she already has all the settings set for the porgram she wants to
run so now she can run it at anytime with all the settings setup.
--
Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

Matthew Senecal

"Tray-C" <INVALID@INVALID.orc> wrote in message
> Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>
> I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
> However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
> click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>
> How can I change the default from Properties to Run?

This is what I would do. Copy the command line (run) in the scheduled task,
then open notepad and paste into notepad. Name the notepad file
"taskname.cmd". Double click the cmd file to run your task.

--
William

I already have the scheduled task set...and it DOES work...on the set times.

However, there are times that I want to run it manually.
What it does is copy my email folder from the C: to the F:
When I do it manually, it's usually because I want to import message from
the F: to my other computer.
Or, because I'm going to system restore my C: drive because of a screw up
and don't want to lose my mail.

So...any other ideas?

btw...I can't seem to find my original message that you used to reply. I
have searched, and I have Show All Message set and STILL can't find my
message.

Tracy

"Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4376E981-3743-4303-AF72-44CEC297A510@microsoft.com...
> well what they want to do is have a schedule task run lets say for
> anti-virus
> program to scan stuff at lests say 2am every day well she might want to
> run
> it to scan some stuff at 10am on something she recieved or the computer
> acting up she already has all the settings set for the porgram she wants
> run so now she can run it at anytime with all the settings setup.
> --
> Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if
> this
> was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> problems.
> Thanks
>
> Matthew Senecal
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Um, then it wouldn't be a Scheduled task.
>>
>> Tray-C wrote:
>>
>> > Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>> >
>> > I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
>> > However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I
>> > just
>> > click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>> >
>> > How can I change the default from Properties to Run?
>> >
>> > Tracy

I have it set to do a scheduled task, but there are EXTRA times I need to
run the file.

Tracy

> Um, then it wouldn't be a Scheduled task.
>
> Tray-C wrote:
>
>> Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>>
>> I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
>> However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
>> click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>>
>> How can I change the default from Properties to Run?
>>
>> Tracy

But then it wouldn't be listed in the Scheduled Tasks.
I can already double click on the .bat file and have it run..I want to be
able to double click and have it run from within the Scheduled Tasks.
Double click in there shows the properties of the task as default. I want
the default to RUN instead.

Tracy

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Tray-C" <INVALID@INVALID.orc> wrote in message
>> Is there NO ONE who knows how to fix this:
>>
>> I'd like to be able to just click on a scheduled task and have it run.
>> However the default is set to show the properties of the task. (If I just
>> click on the task in Control Panel, the Properties of the task show)
>>
>> How can I change the default from Properties to Run?
>>

> This is what I would do. Copy the command line (run) in the scheduled
> task, then open notepad and paste into notepad. Name the notepad file
> "taskname.cmd". Double click the cmd file to run your task.
>
> --
> William

No, it doesn't help.
I am trying to get away from right clicking on it. I want to just double
click on the scheduled task and have it run.

btw...I found my original message. ;)

message news:CDD21597-0C17-4BC0-87A3-C5B8C955C1A1@microsoft.com...