Trial Software Tricks

Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?
12 answers Last reply
More about trial software tricks

    "Måç" <H@teSpam.com> wrote in message
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?

    Trial is a try before you buy. I doubt anyone will show you how to cheat a
    software developer out of thier money. If you like the program, buy it.

    buy it

    In article <#Sl#80juFHA.252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, H@teSpam.com says...
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?

    The vendor worked hard to develop that program/application and you find
    it useful, so maybe you should grow some ethics and purchase it so that
    the vendor can continue to support it and produce other fine works.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    There are different ways used varying by vender.
    The easiest way to find the exact details of how a particular vender does it
    is to buy all the assets of the owner.
    Then you will have the exact details of what you ask.
    A cheaper way is to simply buy the product.
    Once you buy it you can reinstall.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Måç wrote:
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?

    It's going to vary from program to program. I personally don't like
    trial versions that only allow you to run the program for a certain
    amount of time or for a certain number of times. I much prefer the
    ones that simply reduce the number of features available.

    Måç wrote:
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?

    Each software manufacturer uses a different method. Ask the
    manufacturer of whatever product you're trying to rip off.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    djs0302@aol.com wrote in news:1126822643.348797.242350
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Måç wrote:
    >> Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't
    reinstall?

    > It's going to vary from program to program. I personally don't like
    > trial versions that only allow you to run the program for a certain
    > amount of time or for a certain number of times. I much prefer the
    > ones that simply reduce the number of features available.

    I have to disagree here. When I try software, it's to see if it meets my
    needs. Hard to determine if some features cannot be tested.

    djs0302@aol.com wrote:
    > Måç wrote:
    > > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?
    >
    > It's going to vary from program to program. I personally don't like
    > trial versions that only allow you to run the program for a certain
    > amount of time or for a certain number of times. I much prefer the
    > ones that simply reduce the number of features available.

    Well, I can give you a bazillion programs for you to use indefinitely,
    but they will do nothing, as all features will be disabled. You
    consider this useful? How do you evaluate a product whose features you
    cannot use? Plus, "trial" versions are intended to be just that, for
    you to test for suitability, not for you to use as long as you like.

    ---
    We judge others by our own limitations.

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:16:57 -0400, "zibby" <zibby@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I got better one. Format hard drive and reinstall windows.
    >Create clean backup, so you can restore when trial software expires.
    >then install trial software.
    >
    >Hint: use VMware and create virtual PC with windows as host and guest OS.
    >install trial under guest OS (another hint: backup clean windows install)

    Actual formatting does not work. You would need to use a program
    like bcwipe. This would also get rid of software key loggers.

    Greg Ro

    "Måç" <H@teSpam.com> wrote in message
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?

    Varies from software to software, a lot of times it's in the registry. To
    extend your trial, you can remove the software from Add/Remove, get a basic
    registry cleaner like RegSrubXP. Run it and remove from the registry keys,
    values,... pertaining ONLY to that software. Re-install the software and you
    may have another trial period. It's worked many times for many people.

    - Winux P

    bxf wrote:
    > djs0302@aol.com wrote:
    > > Måç wrote:
    > > > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't reinstall?
    > >
    > > It's going to vary from program to program. I personally don't like
    > > trial versions that only allow you to run the program for a certain
    > > amount of time or for a certain number of times. I much prefer the
    > > ones that simply reduce the number of features available.
    >
    > Well, I can give you a bazillion programs for you to use indefinitely,
    > but they will do nothing, as all features will be disabled. You
    > consider this useful? How do you evaluate a product whose features you
    > cannot use? Plus, "trial" versions are intended to be just that, for
    > you to test for suitability, not for you to use as long as you like.

    Well if they disable too many of the features then yes I'll agree that
    you really can't evaluate the software accurately but in most cases you
    can still get a fairly good idea whether or not the software is going
    to meet your wants and needs.

    Måç wrote:
    > Where do they store their "trial" status on my PC, so I can't
    > reinstall?

    I have set $$$ to several authors of "freeware programs" as well as websites
    simply because I find what they offer useful.
    Buy it!

    --
    Mike Pawlak

Microsoft Software Windows XP