Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wireless Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 20, 2011 3:29:50 AM

I'm a super fan of the IBM Model M keyboard and it will always be my favorite keyboard. I love that tactile feedback.

I have a PS/2-port one and I know I can get a USB versoin but I also love being wireless especially with regards to the keyboard.

I've searched but I cannot seem to find a WIRELESS mechanical keyboard. Does anyone know of one that they can recommend? My ideal mechanical keyboard would have an integrated trackball. Again, I've seen those, but they are all USB wired.'

I thought that if only USB versions exist, then I was wondering if I could go USB wireless via a USB hub, but I couldn't find that solution, either. :cry: 

Anyway, if you have any idea of a wireless mechanical keyboard that I can order somewhere, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Best solution

a b F Wireless
April 20, 2011 1:56:17 PM

I only know of one wireless mechanical keyboard; XArmor U9W. It was released this year.

http://ergogeek.com/xarmor-u9w-2.4-ghz-rf-wireless-mech...

Otherwise you'll need to go with a wired mechanical keyboard or buy a typical membrane keyboard.
Related resources
April 21, 2011 2:56:52 AM

Best answer selected by nusaram.
April 21, 2011 2:59:23 AM

jaguarskx said:
I only know of one wireless mechanical keyboard; XArmor U9W. It was released this year.

http://ergogeek.com/xarmor-u9w-2.4-ghz-rf-wireless-mech...

Otherwise you'll need to go with a wired mechanical keyboard or buy a typical membrane keyboard.

Thanks for that excellent suggestion! That's really what I was looking for! I just went to Amazon and ordered X-Armor. I can't wait! :bounce: 
May 1, 2011 6:28:41 PM

nusaram said:
Thanks for that excellent suggestion! That's really what I was looking for! I just went to Amazon and ordered X-Armor. I can't wait! :bounce: 

I'll second that the XArmor U9W is exactly what I was looking for too! I'm hoping battery life is good, but I think that the fact that at this point I almost accepted I needed a wired keyboard and that this board can be used wired it will be good either way.

:bounce: 
December 28, 2011 2:49:45 AM

nusaram said:

How is the noise level on this keyboard? How does the feedback feel compared to other mechanical keyboards. Trying to get a quiet mechanical keyboard if one exists. I thought maybe I could use this on my desk normally and then put it on my lap under the desk to take notes when I'm on a call with clients.
January 22, 2012 4:03:17 PM

Timmy100 said:
How is the noise level on this keyboard? How does the feedback feel compared to other mechanical keyboards. Trying to get a quiet mechanical keyboard if one exists. I thought maybe I could use this on my desk normally and then put it on my lap under the desk to take notes when I'm on a call with clients.

The Xarmor U9W uses the Cherry Brown switches which are tactile & non-clicky. So this is the keyboard you are looking for by the sounds of it (pun intended!).
January 22, 2012 5:35:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!