pc turn-off problem!

the problem i am having is that when i turn off my pc using the standby mode,
it does turn-off ok no problem, but after aprox 10mins, it decides to restart
itself on its own, i hear the welcome tune, then the pc reboots, only to
turn-off again after about 20secs. the same thing never happens from turn-off
mode only from standby!...cannot understand whats waking it up
momenterily...can any body help me?
3 answers Last reply
More about turn problem

    Make sure you have acpi enabled in your bios press f1, f2, or delete when
    computer turns on to get into bios ok thanks
    --
    Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
    was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.

    Matthew Senecal

    "chalowa's music problem" wrote:

    > the problem i am having is that when i turn off my pc using the standby mode,
    > it does turn-off ok no problem, but after aprox 10mins, it decides to restart
    > itself on its own, i hear the welcome tune, then the pc reboots, only to
    > turn-off again after about 20secs. the same thing never happens from turn-off
    > mode only from standby!...cannot understand whats waking it up
    > momenterily...can any body help me?

    Do you have a telephone line connected to the computer? It will wake up
    upon getting a ring, thinking a fax is coming.

    "chalowa's music problem" <chalowasmusicproblem@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:BCCD36EE-79F4-41A0-B73E-A100B34CC307@microsoft.com...
    > the problem i am having is that when i turn off my pc using the standby
    > mode,
    > it does turn-off ok no problem, but after aprox 10mins, it decides to
    > restart
    > itself on its own, i hear the welcome tune, then the pc reboots, only to
    > turn-off again after about 20secs. the same thing never happens from
    > turn-off
    > mode only from standby!...cannot understand whats waking it up
    > momenterily...can any body help me?

    Went over your post 4 times.
    Have concluded the PC is waking up from standby after ten minutes, then goes
    back into standby again.
    The PC is not turned off in standby.

    Have no idea of your problem, as my PC is either off or on. No in-between
    like standby or hibernate.

    All the wake PC settings I see in my bios will wake the PC when its
    completely off.
    "chalowa's music problem" <chalowasmusicproblem@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:BCCD36EE-79F4-41A0-B73E-A100B34CC307@microsoft.com...
    > the problem i am having is that when i turn off my pc using the standby
    mode,
    > it does turn-off ok no problem, but after aprox 10mins, it decides to
    restart
    > itself on its own, i hear the welcome tune, then the pc reboots, only to
    > turn-off again after about 20secs. the same thing never happens from
    turn-off
    > mode only from standby!...cannot understand whats waking it up
    > momenterily...can any body help me?

Microsoft Windows XP