I've an ACER laptop - when burning DVD-Rs I get CRC errors!

1. When using CDCHECK it never comes back with the same number of errors
twice in a row - first time was 171 2nd 161 then 137 - should I scrap the
whole disc?

2. The discs I'm using are from Tescos (I know I know) - is it likely to be
the drive or the disc at fault - I'm getting quite a high 'bad disk' count
(about 50+% so far).

Tony

The drive seems ok for all other functions.

I will by some good quality blanks today to see if this is the problem!

Tony

The good quality (Sony) discs are no better - first I tried generated 116 crc
errors.

Writing cd-r works 100% ok though!

Tony