Hotmail-to-Outlook Express

September 15, 2005 7:19:02 PM

Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express address
book?
--
Al
Anonymous

Is your Hotmail account running in OE?
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

Al wrote:
> Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express
> address book?
September 18, 2005 6:00:02 PM

Not quite sure what you're asking; but I do access Hotmail from within OE, if
that's what you're asking....
--
Al

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Is your Hotmail account running in OE?
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:
> OE General newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> Inside Outlook Express
> http://www.insideoe.com
>
> Al wrote:
> > Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express
> > address book?

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:16:34 PM

Then yes, you can synchronize (Windows) Address Book with Hotmail Contacts
via OE Tools > Synchronize now.

NB: There is no documentation or FAQ for this so proceed with caution. Any
changes made will be reflected in *both* databases. As such, I recommend
synching with an empty Address Book.

Workaround: Export Address Book contacts as a CSV file (File > Export >
Other address book) and save it to your hard-drive. The CSV file may be
imported into Hotmail Contacts (www.hotmail.com > Options > Contacts >
Import contacts).
--

!