Hotmail-to-Outlook Express

Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express address
book?
--
Al
3 answers Last reply

    Is your Hotmail account running in OE?
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    OE General newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    Inside Outlook Express
    http://www.insideoe.com

    Al wrote:
    > Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express
    > address book?

    Not quite sure what you're asking; but I do access Hotmail from within OE, if
    that's what you're asking....
    --
    Al

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Is your Hotmail account running in OE?
    > --
    > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    > OE General newsgroup:
    >
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    >
    > Inside Outlook Express
    > http://www.insideoe.com
    >
    > Al wrote:
    > > Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express
    > > address book?

    Then yes, you can synchronize (Windows) Address Book with Hotmail Contacts
    via OE Tools > Synchronize now.

    NB: There is no documentation or FAQ for this so proceed with caution. Any
    changes made will be reflected in *both* databases. As such, I recommend
    synching with an empty Address Book.

    Workaround: Export Address Book contacts as a CSV file (File > Export >
    Other address book) and save it to your hard-drive. The CSV file may be
    imported into Hotmail Contacts (www.hotmail.com > Options > Contacts >
    Import contacts).
    --

    Al wrote:
    > Not quite sure what you're asking; but I do access Hotmail from within OE,
    > if that's what you're asking....
    >
    >> Is your Hotmail account running in OE?
    >> --
    >> OE6-specific newsgroup:
    >> OE General newsgroup:
    >>
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    >>
    >> Inside Outlook Express
    >> http://www.insideoe.com
    >>
    >> Al wrote:
    >>> Anybody know of a way to download Hotmail contacts to Outlook Express
    >>> address book?

Download Outlook Express Hotmail Microsoft Windows XP