keyboard and mouse gone :(

Dear Group,

I have a P5-120 windows 95 machine which we use for the kids. I was
attempting to install MS Office 97 when one of my kids ejected the CD and
rebooted the machine. Windows loads and as part of the boot sequence it
indicates that the keyboard and mouse are detected. However after bootup the
scroll lock, num lock and caps lock flash green regularly in unison and
neither the keyboard nor mouse responds :(.

Any suggestions to get us back on track?

Thanks for your help.

Doug

"D Mitchell" <jmjm@SsYyMmPpAaTtIiCcOo.ca> wrote in message news:<MMJwc.2875$8k4.86922@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Dear Group,
>
> I have a P5-120 windows 95 machine which we use for the kids. I was
> attempting to install MS Office 97 when one of my kids ejected the CD and
> rebooted the machine. Windows loads and as part of the boot sequence it
> indicates that the keyboard and mouse are detected. However after bootup the
> scroll lock, num lock and caps lock flash green regularly in unison and
> neither the keyboard nor mouse responds :(.
>
> Any suggestions to get us back on track?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Doug

Go into device manager, delete the keyboard and mouse, restart
computer windows will detect new hardware and install for you.

"CLyles" <ccrlyles@aol.com> wrote in message
> "D Mitchell" <jmjm@SsYyMmPpAaTtIiCcOo.ca> wrote in message
> > Dear Group,
> >
> > I have a P5-120 windows 95 machine which we use for the kids. I was
> > attempting to install MS Office 97 when one of my kids ejected the CD
and
> > rebooted the machine. Windows loads and as part of the boot sequence it
> > indicates that the keyboard and mouse are detected. However after bootup
the
> > scroll lock, num lock and caps lock flash green regularly in unison and
> > neither the keyboard nor mouse responds :(.
> >
> > Any suggestions to get us back on track?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Doug
>
> Go into device manager, delete the keyboard and mouse, restart
> computer windows will detect new hardware and install for you.

Thanks. I did this and all seems well now.

Doug

TRENDING THREADS