Barry

I had several problems with my webhost and they are all now fixed. I do
still have a problem with my xp account on my PC. If I try to add a web
folder it gives me an error "the folder you entered does not apear to
be valid" This only occours with my account (xp) I can log on to my
daughters account and add web folders easily. (same PC) I also have the
same grief when I use front page, ok from any other user on the pc
except mine. I have re intalled the network stuff, net card, and
several other things I could find on line. A=Can anyone help me before
I lose my mind/ (I've been on it for about 20 of the last 26 hours :( )

Thanks for any help :)

For xp-SP2,download and install the web folders hotfix,kb 892211 After its
installed,before a restart,open cmd,type:netsh Winsock reset You'll then get
a restart required to reset,type:EXIT Restart computer.

"Barry" wrote:

> I had several problems with my webhost and they are all now fixed. I do
> still have a problem with my xp account on my PC. If I try to add a web
> folder it gives me an error "the folder you entered does not apear to
> be valid" This only occours with my account (xp) I can log on to my
> daughters account and add web folders easily. (same PC) I also have the
> same grief when I use front page, ok from any other user on the pc
> except mine. I have re intalled the network stuff, net card, and
> several other things I could find on line. A=Can anyone help me before
> I lose my mind/ (I've been on it for about 20 of the last 26 hours :( )
>
> Thanks for any help :)

Barry

I tried to open the web with front page too. It says the folder isn't
accesable. Tried with the windows firewall up and down :(. Can still
get there with any other user on my PC.