XP web folders problem

I had several problems with my webhost and they are all now fixed. I do
still have a problem with my xp account on my PC. If I try to add a web
folder it gives me an error "the folder you entered does not apear to
be valid" This only occours with my account (xp) I can log on to my
daughters account and add web folders easily. (same PC) I also have the
same grief when I use front page, ok from any other user on the pc
except mine. I have re intalled the network stuff, net card, and
several other things I could find on line. A=Can anyone help me before
I lose my mind/ (I've been on it for about 20 of the last 26 hours :( )

Thanks for any help :)
5 answers Last reply
More about folders problem

    For xp-SP2,download and install the web folders hotfix,kb 892211 After its
    installed,before a restart,open cmd,type:netsh Winsock reset You'll then get
    a restart required to reset,type:EXIT Restart computer.

    "Barry" wrote:

    > I had several problems with my webhost and they are all now fixed. I do
    > still have a problem with my xp account on my PC. If I try to add a web
    > folder it gives me an error "the folder you entered does not apear to
    > be valid" This only occours with my account (xp) I can log on to my
    > daughters account and add web folders easily. (same PC) I also have the
    > same grief when I use front page, ok from any other user on the pc
    > except mine. I have re intalled the network stuff, net card, and
    > several other things I could find on line. A=Can anyone help me before
    > I lose my mind/ (I've been on it for about 20 of the last 26 hours :( )
    >
    > Thanks for any help :)

    Thanks, I have SP2 installed, where can I find the hotfix?

    Thanks for your help.
    That didn't work.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=17c36612-632e-4c04-9382-987622ed1d64&displaylang=en

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "Barry" <barryinthesand@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I have SP2 installed, where can I find the hotfix?

    I tried to open the web with front page too. It says the folder isn't
    accesable. Tried with the windows firewall up and down :(. Can still
    get there with any other user on my PC.

Windows XP Microsoft Webhost