Static noise/earthing interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,i have a assus k40 series laptop which i bought brand new at xmas 2010 mainly to hook up to my hi fi to play music through-the hi-fi consists of a rotel 300 watt mosfet amp driving mission,rennaisance speakers which i play a ps2-toshiba dvd video player-free view box and tv and my 2 techniques mkII 2010s and mixer through which all sound crystal clear 2 even at bangingly high volume. However when i plug my laptop in via its headphone socket my world collapses around me by the totally shitty sound of what seems to be static discharge noise/earth static.-its so bad it embarresses and depresses me even when i disconnect the power lead to the laptop-please! please! how can this be resolved as i am intending to start djing again and cant imagine using my laptop as part of a set up with this problem-respect mistagroovy.

This is a ground loop...
Many times this is caused by cable TV being hooked to the theater system. When you unhook the cable TV, the buzz will go away.
Install a Cable TV ground isolator transformer between the cable TV and your audio equipment.
Install 3 to 2 prong adapters on the grounded power plugs of the equipment. These adapters can be bought at the hardware store.
After "lifting" the grounds, the buzz will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.