CD Drive not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloaw

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Hello,
I recently have been having trouble with my ACER Aspire 5102WLMI laptop. Recently the CD Rom/ DVD drive has disappeared. Now I know some of you guys are gonna say check the cables. Well the cables are fine. I cannot detect it in BIOS or the driver in Device Manager. There is power going to it and when I start up my computer I hear it spin and everything. I have tryed reinstalling my drivers and updating the IDE and all that ***. But nothing has worked. So could any one please help, also the Upper Filters Lower Filters thing didnt work either. That was the first thing I did. Thanks

haloaw

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009

Also to add to this I am sure my cd rom is fine, the laser is not burnt out on it. And I think it might be a issue with not having a driver or something on, the right driver anyways. So if any of you could put drivers up for the CD/ DVD drive or something it would be greatly appreciated.

haloaw

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I believe I have found a solution for this problem but still require some assistance. My laptop came with some DVD and CD burning software. Just recently it came to me that the connects with the CD Drive. But the software was not installed properly. The software is everything for NTI. This software came with my computer, so I cannot reinstal the programs unless I relunctantly wipe my ccomputer. and most probaly have to reinstal the operating system and all that. So it loads the programs on again. The problem with that is I have already done that and do not wish to have to keep going through the update process, reinstalling all this software, Antivirus and what not. So any tips on how to get this software reinstalled would be greatly appreciated again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.