Sign in with
Your question

Installing Windows 7 and entering Serial later

Last response: in Windows 7
November 28, 2012 7:39:17 PM

Hello,
I just built a new computer and have it all assembled. I also bought a new copy of Windows 7. Problem is the software is taking too long to get here and I wanted to test the system. Is there a way to install my current copy of Windows 7, that would somewhat let me access the computer, while the serial arrives?
Thanks
November 28, 2012 7:45:28 PM

Is there something like a test period or activate later sort of thing? I guess I am going to pop in the disc either way and see for myself.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 7:48:32 PM

it should be 30s day for activation.
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2012 7:51:10 PM

oh, that's plenty. Thank you
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 9:07:57 PM

Hi

You may/will run into problems later if type of Windows 7 disk you use to install from does not match what you buy

eg Type:- microsoft oem, manufacturers oem, retail, retail upgrade

version:- Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, (Enterprise) (also N version no media player)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/co...

(you should not be able to buy a manufacturers oem disk except from PC manufacturer as a replacement for lost disks)

When you install the Windows 7 without entering key it will ask what version to install you need to get this correct

regards

Mike Barnes

m
l
November 29, 2012 4:51:03 AM

Thank you. I will certainly keep that in mind.
I am currently troubleshooting hardware issues, so, at the end, the software may not be an issue at all.
m
l
!