locked PC

One guy of my department left the company. His computer is locked (only can
be unlocked by him or admin = him). I turned it off and on thinking I would
be able to login using my account but it won't. It just keep beeping every
5 seconds or so. Is it a security feature on HP (HP D325) that prevent it
from being improperly used? How can I fix it?

Thanks for the help,

cpliu

If we're talking about BIOS-level passwords, the solution is to remove the
battery or set a motherboard jumper to reset the CMOS.

If we're talking Windows NT/2000/XP admin and user passwords, which is more
likely, there are generic password "crackers", both commercial product and open
source, to change passwords.

Check out the following URL:

Good stuff there... Ben Myers