Heatsinks for BR1 and BR2 on WPC games

If you've rebuilt a WPC power driver with this heatsink missing, what
have you used to replace it?

It appears the part is NLA. I have 2 project pins that someone took the
bridges and caps off the power driver, and only left the heatsink in one
of them.

--

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Generic" heat sinks are available from
Mouser and others, or rob something from
an old power supply or UPS like I do...

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
==================================
John Wart, jr wrote:
> If you've rebuilt a WPC power driver with this heatsink missing, what
> have you used to replace it?
>
> It appears the part is NLA. I have 2 project pins that someone took the
> bridges and caps off the power driver, and only left the heatsink in one
> of them.
>

> --
>
> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com

pt

Have you tried PBR? The part number is 01-10572 (I think). Its a
tough size to find. The tall caps to the side keep you from using a
larger sink and you don't want a smaller sink. I looked around a few
years ago to try to find a bigger, better heat sink and could not find
one for a reasonable price.

You could always get a big old sink from an dead stereo or something,
cut it to size and tap for screw. Make sure the fins align vertically.

Good luck, let us know if you find something good. Whatever you find,
be sure to use heat sink compound...

John

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Remember, you want a seperate heat sink for each Br. When I replace those
Brs, I cut the original in half. Those two Brs heat up differently and
Marvin recommends seperating the heat sinks by cutting it. If not, you end
up with one BR pulling on the other via the single heat sink due to heat
expansion/contraction at different rates.

And don't forget the heat sink compund.

I would think any generic heat sink would work fine--just cut to size.

Now if you want that NOSSY factory look, that's a different story.

Otto

CARGPB11

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> If you've rebuilt a WPC power driver with this heatsink missing, what have
> you used to replace it?
>
> It appears the part is NLA. I have 2 project pins that someone took the
> bridges and caps off the power driver, and only left the heatsink in one
> of them.
>

> --
>
> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Adi

Steve young will sell you one. The catch. You have to buy the whole
"assembly" (meaning heatsink and 2 bridges are already attached to it).
Price? 20 bucks.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> If you've rebuilt a WPC power driver with this heatsink missing, what
> have you used to replace it?
>
> It appears the part is NLA. I have 2 project pins that someone took the
> bridges and caps off the power driver, and only left the heatsink in one
> of them.
>

> --
>
> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Hmm, I asked about that on my last e-mail and didn't get a response. I
guess I'll add that to the next order then.

-